Augie81

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Just called my Ford dealer about a pair of tie-downs: Can$140. No.
I'm wondering if it is a supply issue due to Covid-19 at this point. If you look at my first post in this thread they used to be available for under $30 for the two tie downs and the bolts. Here is the link again. At the time I originally posted and did a search for the OEM part numbers it showed similar prices. Now when I do the search again for the same part numbers one hook on the same website is showing $28.54 and that doesn't include the bolts. Similar sites are also around the same price.

I mean, I guess it is a matter of debate for some here after reading over this thread. But as I posted originally, the sales rep told me the same thing, they cost around $150. But given I had just bought my Ranger and felt I had dealt with them fairly, after a bit of a push they agreed to include them.

Sure there was some cost cutting along the line from what I have seen posted here. I'm just guessing, but I bet the actual parts for both tie downs/bolts included originally didn't cost more than $10 landed, if that depending on where they are made. I'm just basing that on what they were selling for a few months ago, less than $30. So that along with the recent increase on price for the OEM parts I could find online makes me think there is a major supply issue as well as more demand.

Given the debate of if they should have been included or not, I suppose it depends on how bad you want the tie downs and what you are willing to pay. Personally as a customer I had no problem being more assertive over the issue with my dealer. They want me to come back as a customer and made a fair amount of money from my purchase. They are not my friends and I am not theirs. It is 100% business. So I didn't feel one bit of remorse pursuing it until I got the result I wanted.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Spocksranger

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Any aftermarket options for the missing middle tie downs?

ryday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
You can get the OEM hooks from a few other websites for $26-30 each, just google the part number (KB3Z-21550A74-A). I went through Tasca for mine. The bolts are $3.50 each but you might be able to get different bolts that would work from your local hardware store cheaper

Rence

First Name
Laurence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
When I bought my truck I didn’t notice until a couple days later that they were not there, weird thing is I have the spray in bed liner and you could tell that they were removed after they sprayed the bed liner as it had pieces of the liner in the form of the tie downs still attached, I called the dealer and two days later they installed for free.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
When I bought my truck I didn’t notice until a couple days later that they were not there, weird thing is I have the spray in bed liner and you could tell that they were removed after they sprayed the bed liner as it had pieces of the liner in the form of the tie downs still attached, I called the dealer and two days later they installed for free.
Someone else had a newer build that lacked the middle tie downs and someone at the dealership grabbed the ones from your truck to put on the other truck. I'd be extra pissed if they screwed up the bed liner.

Zetterbeard

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FORD RANGER XLT 4X4
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone else noticed the other set of holes just above the tie-downs by the cab in my first picture? The holes are about 1/4" farther apart, curious if they fit a different tie-down. Also, what are the oval holes used for that have rubber plugs in them in my second picture. It looks like there are a couple more without plugs in my first picture as well.

tie downs 1.jpg

tie downs 2.jpg

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
Installed my two tie downs. If you have factory spray-in liner, you will need a tap to chase the threads. I was going to leave the liner in the holes for thread locker. No way those fasteners were going in. Factory liner is amazingly strong. There are several inches behind, shouldn't hit anything unless you use a 10 inch tap.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder how many people who cry over a couple of tie downs ever use them. Probably the same for dampers. :rockon:

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
I've been trying to buy them with the Fordpass points I got when I bought the truck. Even that is proving to be a headache.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
I've been trying to buy them with the Fordpass points I got when I bought the truck. Even that is proving to be a headache.
I wouldn't do that. You will spend $100 worth of points and you can find them online for $30, which is still outrageous, but no need to waste your points.

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
I wouldn't do that. You will spend $100 worth of points and you can find them online for $30, which is still outrageous, but no need to waste your points.
They may expire before I use them. Been doing my own oil changes and don't see any Ford parts I want at the moment.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
They may expire before I use them. Been doing my own oil changes and don't see any Ford parts I want at the moment.
Copy. You could buy something and sell it here. I'll give you $30 for 2 tie downs and bolts :)

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
We could have another debate to get the post count up. Which tie down do you use the most. I actually use the middle tie downs the most. ?
Sponsored