Not open for further replies.

SteelWheelDeplorable

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
In case anyone is following the whistling, I covered just the front water drain with some felt tape and road tested it quieted the noise to almost nothing.

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
Thank you, good to know that's what their for! Luckily there's never rain in my area but 3x a year.
I am going to experiment with just blocking the front one with tape later and see if the whistling goes away if so I'll run it with 1 of the 4 openings blocked, the whistling is annoying!
If you are running the factory air box, it has a water drain at the bottom, so any water that might run down the snorkel will drain out of the air box. Taping the snorkel head rain drains shouldn't be a problem with the factory air box.

The Mishimoto CAI air box does not have a drain. On my previous build, I drilled a drain hole into the air box, then had a thumb screw I would install when I had a proper water crossing.

Just my $0.02, not recommending anyone do the same without due research.

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SR5 access cab, 98 Civic ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Occupation
professional anime watcher!
Vehicle Showcase
man id love to put this on my truck (when it shows up) but not so sure i want to cut holes into my truck again haha i cut a lot on my tacoma so not sure i want to do it with this one...

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
@Mishimoto just curious.. if one wanted to purchase just the plumping, but not the snorkel, any chance of that happening? I've been toying with testing the idea of converting the factory fender vent into an actual intake point.

This would save me a lot of time on redneck engineering a bunch of pipe myself.
@Mishimoto trying one more time.

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
For what it's worth, it wasn't that bad...
ya i know ive just been through it before with the tacoma lol fender cut, holes in the pillar, cab mount chop, fender cut, holes in the frame for skids and sliders, bed sides cut for hc rear bumper, front bar cut out to fit winch, pinch weld smashed to fit 34s holes in the bed for bed brace, holes drilled in the cabin for random things for accessories.... just loads and loads of cutting so just unsure if i want to start out on a brand new truck yet haha

RoadBoss

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TJAoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
95 Isuzu trooper, AE86 corolla, 19 ranger XL
Occupation
video/film, small business owner
ya i know ive just been through it before with the tacoma lol fender cut, holes in the pillar, cab mount chop, fender cut, holes in the frame for skids and sliders, bed sides cut for hc rear bumper, front bar cut out to fit winch, pinch weld smashed to fit 34s holes in the bed for bed brace, holes drilled in the cabin for random things for accessories.... just loads and loads of cutting so just unsure if i want to start out on a brand new truck yet haha
cool thing with the mishimoto snorkel is that you don't really have to drill/cut any holes on the outside of your truck.

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
cool thing with the mishimoto snorkel is that you don't really have to drill/cut any holes on the outside of your truck.
Ya that’s the part I like only part I dislike is the pillar mount

RoadBoss

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TJAoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
95 Isuzu trooper, AE86 corolla, 19 ranger XL
Occupation
video/film, small business owner
Ya that’s the part I like only part I dislike is the pillar mount
Yeah, that part mounts inside the door jamb too though, so definitely not as bad as drilling into the outside of the pillar.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.