Boomba Racing Ford Ranger Throttle Body Spacer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mokupilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 DeeZee Lariat Tremor, 09 Escape Limited
Occupation
Heavy aluminum tube logistics and transportation ✈
Ok. So TB and intake spacers are BOTH required for the gains in the attached chart for whatever engine ran on this dyno?

edit: intake manifold kit +$216 per their website
Sponsored

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
No problem, attached are dyno charts below.

NO SPACER VS SPACER copy.JPG
Come on you got to do better than that especially as a business selling a product. On top of that getting a ranger to a dyno only takes a few hours and very little money. From a liability standpoint I could never fathom as a company selling a performance product with any claims attached without having on hand information to back it. I'm not saying your product does not do what you claim but that seems like a silly dice roll to have on hand.

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

First Name
Boomba Racing
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat as well as many other vehicles.
Occupation
Making Car Parts!
Ok. So TB and intake spacers are BOTH required for the gains in the attached chart for whatever engine ran on this dyno?

edit: intake manifold kit +$216 per their website
Yes that is correct, both spacers are designed to work together for the best possible gains, they were both installed before the dyno was tested.

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

First Name
Boomba Racing
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat as well as many other vehicles.
Occupation
Making Car Parts!
Come on you got to do better than that especially as a business selling a product. On top of that getting a ranger to a dyno only takes a few hours and very little money. From a liability standpoint I could never fathom as a company selling a performance product with any claims attached without having on hand information to back it. I'm not saying your product does not do what you claim but that seems like a silly dice roll to have on hand.
We understand and will definitely get more information on the dyno for the Ranger thank you for your patience and support.

Reactions: Doc

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 75 crewcab F350, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Retired from Honda Racing.
I know I'm going to catch crap for this, but just in principal CFD increasing the volume is usually a benefit, it can go too far, excessive volume can disastrous, but that usually falls in the humongous versions, some large intakes are so poor that the engine barely runs, the Viper had one of those briefly (the early race development one)

I know the common concept is the air just travels downstream, (especially on boosted engines) but is is more complicated, there are so many factors, if you were to try a apply Hemholtz tuned induction (I wish we could) it would likely be very long just to control the pulses in the intake.

Simple spacers like these have been in use for a very long time, some applications yield greater results than others, they usually benefit torque over HP, there are many variants, swirl, straightening, ribbed and probably some I've never heard of, personally I like the honeycomb versions, straightening the air can do wonders.

If they were charging $50 probably everybody would buy one, and yes, the fact that they have not done a Ranger specific dyno test is a point of contention here obviously, but to do a dyno test baseline, tear apart a smokin hot intake add the spacers and re-dyno is not a quick or easy task, I will say, yes, I would like to see those numbers.

But overall, the concept is solid, it is based on science not snake oil, yeah, they are not cheap, a plus in my opinion is the ability to pull the spacer plugs and apply a decarbonizing solution to the valves, then run my borescope down the hole for a look without disassembling the intake.

So, that's my 2 cents, only worth a penny?away!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.