Boomba Racing 2.3 Ecoboost Intake Manifold Spacer Now Available!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
I thought the same about manifold spacers.
Manifold Spacers are Snake Oil on an NA Engine because they are under suction pulling air in. NA engines suffer because of the laminar flow of air making turns and bends on the way in and from friction across the surfaces. You flip that when you boost an engine and now the intake manifold is under pressure. Air is pushed or squeezed past all of those surfaces and needs a place to go rather than being cajoled into the manifold.
Sponsored

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
The Ranger has no lack of low rpm torque (well, no lack after the turbo is spooled anyway) so I'm interested in how it will respond to this.
Torque spool up / lag is my issue especially in the hotter (Phoenix AZ) summer months. When it's 117° outside the tarmac is 200°+.

We have:
2019 Ranger XLT
2017 Mustang Eco Boost Performance
2021 Supra 2.0

The Supra (liquid cooled inter-cooler) has no perceptible turbo lag. You squeeze the skinny pedal and hit ludicrous speed almost instantly. Getting on the freeway around here is one of the few places I can uncork the genie and really let the ponies out and then about 2/3's of the way down a standard entrance ramp I'm 90+ and backing off to settle into traffic.

Next is the Mustang. It was our sporty car until we got the Supra. Now it feels like a sedan. Some turbo lag, but not a deal killer. She still speaks "get up and go."

Then the truck I don't drive it sporty but occasionally you have some tight spots in traffic that would be nice to optimize. Unfortunately the time between pedal application and meaningful turbo boost is like shooting an old flint lock. Pull, Click, Flash, 5, 4, 3, 2... BOOM.

I think I could get on the Intake Spacer Bandwagon if it was paired with something that helped get the turbo online a little quicker.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
Torque spool up / lag is my issue especially in the hotter (Phoenix AZ) summer months. When it's 117° outside the tarmac is 200°+.

I think I could get on the Intake Spacer Bandwagon if it was paired with something that helped get the turbo online a little quicker.
I don't think adding length/space between the turbo itself and cylinders is going to cut down on lag. It's going to create more of a 'plenum' to pressurize.

EDIT TO ADD: my impression of the change in performance by increasing the volume of air to 'charge' past the turbo when I switched to the Mishi IC pipes was a 'broadening' of power upon acceleration. I can't say I got more power, didn't experience meaningful fuel mileage (except when I drove with just the cold side upgrade and power performance seemed diminished) so that may be the similar action.

Last edited:

irv0735

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ranger Lariat Tremor
@Boomba Racing - How them TB spacers coming along? Thanks!!
They called me yesterday and told me next week they should go live on the site. Apparently they just sent stock off to get anodized to be ready to ship right when they go live.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
I'd like to see comparative graphs on performance before and after even if the vendor produces them.

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

First Name
Boomba Racing
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat as well as many other vehicles.
Occupation
Making Car Parts!
OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

First Name
Boomba Racing
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Making Car Parts!
We have both the IM and TB spacers available for purchase for the 2.3 Ecoboost Ranger on our website.

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

First Name
Boomba Racing
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Making Car Parts!
We appreciate the support, but we have our own Ranger that we can use for dyno testing.

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

First Name
Boomba Racing
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Making Car Parts!

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Do we have the youtube vids of install for the Ranger for the TB spacer and intake manifold? Been waiting on those before I get into my engine. I have the two mods sitting in a box near the front door since first release.

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
Do we have the youtube vids of install for the Ranger for the TB spacer and intake manifold? Been waiting on those before I get into my engine. I have the two mods sitting in a box near the front door since first release.
Dude.

They havnt even been able to provide dyno sheets for these miracle products yet, and they've been trying to hock them on us for 6 months.

Very low effort outfit.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Dude.

They havnt even been able to provide dyno sheets for these miracle products yet, and they've been trying to hock them on us for 6 months.

Very low effort outfit.
Agreed, should of had the dynos and install videos before release imo. I just took the gamble in using my butt dyno after I installed them but I like installation videos to follow with the written instructions.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.