First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Limo Driver
I've had a few. One of my favorites. 160+ on the front straight of Road America.
D675R_2013_fairings_1.jpg

This piece next to my helmet is all I have left, hahah,
rashed_helmet.jpg
Oh man, Glad you were OK after that one. I had a pretty sketchy situation on mine, came few feet from hitting a curb at 135, sold it a few weeks after. I cannot resist the temptation to go fast.. so probably a safe bet.
IMG_0719.JPG
Sponsored

OP
OP
fusseli

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 White Platinum Tri-Coat
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase
Ran to 5% on the OLM at just over 9000 miles. I had almost 6% fuel in my oil this time which they seem concerned about. I’m not sure if I care yet...

Screenshot 2020-12-24 at 9.24.13 AM.png

OP
OP
fusseli

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase
Ran the OLM to 8% on motorcraft full synthetic. TBN is still good and could have done the full 10k easy.

And this is with the FP tune K&N air filter, silicon is coming in LOWER than their universal averages for the 2.3T

And my fuel in oil is gone!

D9F79016-16B4-430B-AFED-36A40528026C.jpeg

importfighter01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XL SuperCab
Ran the OLM to 8% on motorcraft full synthetic. TBN is still good and could have done the full 10k easy.

And this is with the FP tune K&N air filter, silicon is coming in LOWER than their universal averages for the 2.3T

And my fuel in oil is gone!

D9F79016-16B4-430B-AFED-36A40528026C.jpeg
Good report! When was the last time your K&N was cleaned? Wondering if your silicon is lower due to a dirtier K&N that is letting less fine particulate through now in comparison to your first oil analysis where a clean K&N let more particulates leading for a 56 silicon level...

Reactions: Doc

OP
OP
fusseli

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase
Good report! When was the last time your K&N was cleaned? Wondering if your silicon is lower due to a dirtier K&N that is letting less fine particulate through now in comparison to your first oil analysis where a clean K&N let more particulates leading for a 56 silicon level...
it was brand new for this OCI. I clean the filter, and rotate tires, around every oil change.

OP
OP
fusseli

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase
Ran to 3% on the OLM this time. It is very consistent getting fuel in oil over the cold winter months or very little fuel dilution in my 8-month OCI that spans warm months.

Screenshot 2022-05-11 000731.png

jflogerzi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD/Tow CG MY22 Ranger XLT 2WD, Track Car FRS 2013
Thanks for sharing. With me being in Warmer climates it seems about to 10% on the OLM looks to be a good target to shoot for. I am going to change at 3K for my very first change.

Reactions: Doc

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat CC Black FX2 (Wife's), 2017 Rubicon 2d
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
Ran to 3% on the OLM this time. It is very consistent getting fuel in oil over the cold winter months or very little fuel dilution in my 8-month OCI that spans warm months.

Screenshot 2022-05-11 000731.png
Agree with the colder months and having more fuel dilution...

I got my first Blackstone report today. From October '21 to May '22, I put 2402 miles on the truck since it was new, I drive short distances to work/around town, I also couldn't get to normal operating temps (in the colder months), and most of the total miles were in the cooler/colder months of Alabama, so that's why I'm thinking my Fuel numbers were 4.3%? I was also running an Unleashed tune for about 4-5 of those months, that is no longer installed.

Blackstone noted that if it worsens, I may have a fuel issue? Pump/injector, but I thought all those issues were fixed before the 2021's were out? I think it's a normal TDI issue honestly?

Blackstone wants me to check back after 2500 additional miles, which I estimate should be September or October of this year. I have a feeling the Fuel % will be lower, since it gets to over 100 degrees in the Summer/Fall here!

They said everything else was normal for a new engine.

Last edited:

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
im looking at all these reports and i’m noticing that winter/coming out of winter oil reports show more dilution. spring/summer/ end of summer show waaaay less.
That also goes with what catch can users are saying. More is collected during the colder months. During the summer little to no collectible amounts.

I’m seeing the same thing with my Blackstone reports. During the winter my fuel/oil ratio is much higher

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat CC Black FX2 (Wife's), 2017 Rubicon 2d
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
im looking at all these reports and i’m noticing that winter/coming out of winter oil reports show more dilution. spring/summer/ end of summer show waaaay less.
That also goes with what catch can users are saying. More is collected during the colder months. During the summer little to no collectible amounts.

I’m seeing the same thing with my Blackstone reports. During the winter my fuel/oil ratio is much higher
I totally agree 100% with both of yall!

I'm pretty sure my next oil analysis is going to show a lot less fuel dilution!

And that's one reason I removed my catch can, as I was having to dump it every 2-4 days when it was cold. I may reinstall it, but install some cut off valves/T's for use between cold & hot months?

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
My 1st oil change was at 4231 just after the OLM indicated to do a change. Sent a sample to Blackstone and got a positive report. Going to change the oil every 5000 from now on regardless of what the OLM recommends. I live in a dry desert area with a lot of heat and dust. I feel that 5000 is a good benchmark for this climate.

Josebd

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Road maintenance county
I was going to fast and didn’t pay attention,Mobil 1 5-30 advanced full synthetic
Sponsored