fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 White Platinum Tri-Coat
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah! I like to nerd out on BITOG over the UOA numbers. There's a lot of myth debunking readily apparent from looking carefully through UOAs.
Sponsored

outdoorphotog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Limo Driver
Yeah! I like to nerd out on BITOG over the UOA numbers. There's a lot of myth debunking readily apparent from looking carefully through UOAs.
Yea its pretty interesting, there can be a lot to it.

I had really liked Chevron Supreme for many years since it was so cheap and we made it at my work, but its basically the same as the Kirkland Oil thats at Costco now from what I understand.

OP
OP
fusseli

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase
Yea its pretty interesting, there can be a lot to it.

I had really liked Chevron Supreme for many years since it was so cheap and we made it at my work, but its basically the same as the Kirkland Oil thats at Costco now from what I understand.
I used Chevron Supreme in a former lady friends car, great stuff according to the data. No coincidence I am sure that it was also sold at Costco. It was $20-30 for a case of 12 qts if I recall. Amazing compared to what I pay for the oil I like to use.

outdoorphotog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Limo Driver
I used Chevron Supreme in a former lady friends car, great stuff according to the data. No coincidence I am sure that it was also sold at Costco. It was $20-30 for a case of 12 qts if I recall. Amazing compared to what I pay for the oil I like to use.
Very true.

gbritt89

First Name
Garret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Vehicle Showcase
Just curious what is the factory recommended break in oil change schedule, and recommended break in routine.

My dealer told me one thing, another something different and I believe the manual says a 3rd thing. Along with my S.O. saying 1000 to 1500 miles the break in oil needs changed.
Ford says you are fine with factory oil fill until first indication from the oil management goes off. many changed there's within first 1-3k though.

"recommended break in routine" for the truck is first thousand miles speeds varying below 70mph and no towing if I recall correctly

ryyck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Heading to Atlanta next weekend for an oil change and a diff check.
Hopefully no rain...and we can get the filter off.

Reactions: Doc

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
Hmmm UOA is used oil Analysis. What is BITOG?

Here's one of my Blackstone results. They knew I was running leaded race gas without telling them what type of gas it was (oxygenated VP fuels MR12) And they knew I was wringing that thing's neck too as they could see aluminum from piston wear.
blackstone.jpg

OP
OP
fusseli

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase
Six or eight hours seems like a lot for a race engine, not that I would know.

Bobistheoilguy.com

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
It was a street based Ninja 300 in a supersport class which is a lower state of tune. if it were open class GP running high comp pistons, yeah I'd be changing oil daily. (and rebuilding the top end twice a year instead of every 2-3 years) I always raced supersport. Cheaper - I can't afford to be rebuilding engines all the time.

My Triumph 675R I would change it a little more often, but that was 13.1:1 compression ratio.

outdoorphotog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Limo Driver
It was a street based Ninja 300 in a supersport class which is a lower state of tune. if it were open class GP running high comp pistons, yeah I'd be changing oil daily. (and rebuilding the top end twice a year instead of every 2-3 years) I always raced supersport. Cheaper - I can't afford to be rebuilding engines all the time.

My Triumph 675R I would change it a little more often, but that was 13.1:1 compression ratio.
Zaph,

Just sold my '16 675R Daytona in October, was my favorite streetbike i ever had by a longshot.

OP
OP
fusseli

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase
I'm surprised cars and trucks don't go by hours yet, it would make sense. I've only heard of that for marine engines but I see how it makes sense for race bikes too.

OP
OP
fusseli

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase
isnt our oil monitor based on hours in a round about way, among other parameters?
Could be, I'm not sure! Seems like a great and easy way to factor in excessive idling.

krisrayner

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Ranger FX2
The algorithm that determines the oil life monitor is pretty involved. I work at a University fleet with vehicles that will never see more than 3k miles in a year, others with all highway miles, and even police interceptors that spend large amounts of time idling. All if the individual oil life monitors go off at very different intervals depending on a lot of factors. It’s cool to see just how variable they are.

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Zaph,

Just sold my '16 675R Daytona in October, was my favorite streetbike i ever had by a longshot.
I've had a few. One of my favorites. 160+ on the front straight of Road America.
D675R_2013_fairings_1.jpg

This piece next to my helmet is all I have left, hahah,
rashed_helmet.jpg
Sponsored