First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
That's odd, I feel like if it's the same software it should work.

I just got off the phone with livernois. If it's the newer mycal touch then I will need to call them and pay 300 to have it reset. If it is the older 4 button version then I am good to go. Still waiting for delivery but I should find out today. Hope this helps.
Jeezus ..dont buy used tuners …
Sponsored

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
It didn't back up the stock file to the company you got the tune from?
An SCT X4 will back up the stock tune to the device and you can use the SCT updater software to copy it to your PC. Since he has lost the SCT X4 his only recourse to get the stock tune is to have the dealer reflash.

The Livernois MyCalibrator and FP ProCal4 are the only ones that back up to the cloud as far as I know.

Jmarler

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger
Occupation
Certified Hacker. Retired Veteran
An SCT X4 will back up the stock tune to the device and you can use the SCT updater software to copy it to your PC. Since he has lost the SCT X4 his only recourse to get the stock tune is to have the dealer reflash.

The Livernois MyCalibrator and FP ProCal4 are the only ones that back up to the cloud as far as I know.
Glad I went with livernois.

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP
arbjosh

arbjosh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Fx4
Occupation
Arborist

Ford should be able to do it.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
When I first got my Livernois tuner I installed the 87-89 tune. A few months later I went to the 91-93 tune. In Oct/Nov sometime I went back to the low octane tune to save on fuel costs. This spring I'll go back to high octane an probably stay with it.

I haven't had any problems installing or changing the tune. The first time took a while because it said it was reading/loading like 94 blocks or modules of data. The follow up changes weren't as long.

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Glad I went with livernois.
Nothing wrong with Livernois but you are stuck with them. SCT is the most widely used tuning platform and having a SCT hand held opens you up to 100s of tunes from tuning shops all over the country.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
Nothing wrong with Livernois but you are stuck with them. SCT is the most widely used tuning platform and having a SCT hand held opens you up to 100s of tunes from tuning shops all over the country.
I bought a used supercharger for my 97 cobra an it came with a tuner might have been an SCT with the supercharger tune in it. I worked in my cobra without any changes so I assume back then they didn't marry to a vin.

Jmarler

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger
Occupation
Certified Hacker. Retired Veteran
I wasn't aware. Good to know.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Really ? Depends on whose tune is in it …I have their BDX with Unleashed Tune in it ..it just a tuner ..pick and play…whose tune do you want ?

Last edited:

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
I bought a used supercharger for my 97 cobra an it came with a tuner might have been an SCT with the supercharger tune in it. I worked in my cobra without any changes so I assume back then they didn't marry to a vin.
SCT tuners can be unmarried from the vehicle so it can be used on another vehicle. The X4 I have sitting on the shelf has been used on a Focus ST and two different Mustangs. You only get to unmarry it and use on another vehicle 5 times before you have to send it back to SCT to have it reset (for a fee).

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Really ? Depends on whose tune is in it …I have their BDX with Unleashed Tune in it ..it just a tuner ..pick and play…whose tune do you want ?
I have used the canned tunes that come from SCT, tunes from Steeda (Focus ST & Mustang) and tunes from Unleased on my X4. The X4 can hold up to 10 custom tunes as well as all the canned tunes SCT offers for Ford products. The BDX is a newer model which I believe it's major update is the ability to down load tunes directly to the unit via WiFi. The X4 you have get the tune via email (or WiFi) to your PC then transfer it to the unit with the updater software.

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Appearance Package
SCT tuners can be unmarried from the vehicle so it can be used on another vehicle.

You only get to unmarry it and use on another vehicle 5 times before you have to send it back to SCT to have it reset (for a fee).
The BDX is a newer model which I believe it's major update is the ability to down load tunes directly to the unit via WiFi.
This is all true. And the canned tunes absolutely rip and have super smooth shifting! They also break the tires loose. You could go with several different tuning companies that will send you tunes that this tuner can read and flash to your vehicle.

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
This is all true. And the canned tunes absolutely rip and have super smooth shifting! They also break the tires loose. You could go with several different tuning companies that will send you tunes that this tuner can read and flash to your vehicle.
The only issue I have had with the SCT canned tunes are the throttle response is to abrupt. They are certainly fun but such a sensitive throttle for a daily driver is not my cup of tea.
Sponsored