First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
U.S. Navy
Of course I'll probably start a build journal and report back here. Was trying to look at your pictures and saw you're in the navy, CTN2 here
Thats awesome man, I’ll definitely follow the build. Yep they got me too lol I'm a CTR1
Sponsored

bentroia

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Logistics
Ive run C rated Goodyear and Goodrich tires on Jeep Cherokees for many years. Full loaded with people and gear theyve never failed me. Crawling bounlders that are sharp and wet aired down to 10 lbs with no issue... They are durable and reliable on a lighter truck like a Ranger.

As stated they sre 9 lbs lighter than an E. Extra rotating weight degrades fuel economy, acceleration, and braking performance.

Es are more suited for heavy towing and continuous hard-industrial use. Cs are fine for the high majority of users, will handle off road adventure, use less brake and gas pedal, and be more comfortable.

Tire pressure is really important. Anything over about 35 on a C or E is gonna make your truck a real bone shaker, unless it is carrying a significant load.

BigOlBish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4 Rapid Red
Thats awesome man, I’ll definitely follow the build. Yep they got me too lol I'm a CTR1
Had a feeling. Assuming you're stationed where I think you are ill probably be going there next. Are there any good trails out there?

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Emissions testing supplier
Not sure if this is known or not but since its not being mentioned, I assume its not being paid attention to.

Just because a Tire is a load C does NOT automatically make it lighter.

For example, a user mentioned going with Falken Wildpeaks in a load C. Those are 2 lbs heavier than the KO2’s in a load E. Cooper Maxx are even heavier.

If youre worried about weight, look at the actual weight of the tire and not the load range. One does not determine the other.

Now as for KO2 E’s, Ive ran mine for 24,000 miles now with zero issues and very little mpg drop. I also get incredible traction in snow, mud, dirt etc. I will be replacing them at the end of the year with another set.

OP
OP
the5Gmartian

the5Gmartian

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
U.S. Navy
Had a feeling. Assuming you're stationed where I think you are ill probably be going there next. Are there any good trails out there?
Yeah its a cool area out here, although, im very happy I chose to live in Virginia and not Maryland lol. I haven’t got a chance to go out on any trails yet because I don’t know anyone out here who does that sort of thing, but in Southern Virginia there are a decent amount of trails and camping sites. Im from Oregon though so im kind of spoiled ??‍♂

BigOlBish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4 Rapid Red
Yeah its a cool area out here, although, im very happy I chose to live in Virginia and not Maryland lol. I haven’t got a chance to go out on any trails yet because I don’t know anyone out here who does that sort of thing, but in Southern Virginia there are a decent amount of trails and camping sites. Im from Oregon though so im kind of spoiled ??‍♂
Yeah im already looking for places to live out there. Since ive been at my command i haven't had more than a 10 minute commute but from what my friends at the fort have told me that doesnt exist there so i might just end up getting a beater so i dont rack up too many miles when i go. Also been trying to find people here that like to go offroad, apparently there's a distro but i dont know what it is to be added to it.

RangerAl87

First Name
al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger XLT
Occupation
Tech
Just remember that LT KO2’s are twice the weight of the Hankooks also. I run LT KO2’s and could not be happier. Just remember to keep them at recommended PSI.

C8C0844E-2A5B-40C5-A15E-6CE7E2D34C40.jpeg
What is the recommended PSI ?