BFG KO2 C vs E load range

Jon S.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Crew
Update on my order. Costco had all of the KO2s on backorder and I didn't want to wait so I called a few tire shops and ended up with General Grabber ATX for $700 mounted and balanced! Also load C range.
Great tires also...they where my next choice
Sponsored

Jon S.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Crew
Hmmm if they would have had those at Costco I would have bought those or the Falken Wildpeaks. I had a set of Duratracs on my 03 Tahoe and they were great, but I felt like they wore fast. I have heard about the lack of traction in rain with KO2s which makes me nervous
I have had no problems in the wet with KO2’S BUT TP is critical. Better contact patch running about 30 cold, then 32 after warm up

Bt_ostate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Sales
Update on my order. Costco had all of the KO2s on backorder and I didn't want to wait so I called a few tire shops and ended up with General Grabber ATX for $700 mounted and balanced! Also load C range.
Good choice

Jms81661

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver
I have E rated KO2s and I specifically chose that for the additional sidewall durability for off-roading. I’ve already been in a couple spots where I’m pretty sure the rock pushing into the side wall would’ve punctured a C rated tire.
Exactly what I need. Lots of pokey stabby sharp rocks in the dessert.
Off roading-did you notice much strain being put on the front end in tight slow turns or rock crawling with the KO2's?
These trucks are all new! Just don't know how much strain an E rated is going to put on the steering components yet. Worse off, if it's not covered by warranty because of the size of the tires.

BigOlBish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4 Rapid Red
Still went with 265/70r17? What tire shop did you go to? Just wondering cause I didn't think the general grabber atx 265/70r17 in C were out yet and when I priced them out they were 195 each before mount/balance

OP
OP
the5Gmartian

the5Gmartian

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
U.S. Navy
Still went with 265/70r17? What tire shop did you go to? Just wondering cause I didn't think the general grabber atx 265/70r17 in C were out yet and when I priced them out they were 195 each before mount/balance
Yeah I got 265/70/R17, but you are correct, they are load E. When I made that post I had just ordered them over the phone (hadn’t paid yet) and assumed they would be C range, but they were actually E range and ended up being about $900 when it was all said and done. Still love them, but you will notice a performance drop

BigOlBish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I got 265/70/R17, but you are correct, they are load E. When I made that post I had just ordered them over the phone (hadn’t paid yet) and assumed they would be C range, but they were actually E range and ended up being about $900 when it was all said and done. Still love them, but you will notice a performance drop
Okay sweet. I was told the load C ones would be out in around a month so if they came out early I was going to be calling my tire shop lol

OP
OP
the5Gmartian

the5Gmartian

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
U.S. Navy
Okay sweet. I was told the load C ones would be out in around a month so if they came out early I was going to be calling my tire shop lol
Another update... I have decided that the truck feels too sluggish and rides too rough and I am switching to load range C. The C range are also 9lbs per tire lighter than the E. Tire Rack looks to have them if you’re interested.
https://m.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=General&tireModel=Grabber+A/TX&sidewall=Raised+White+Letters&partnum=67TR7GRATX&tab=Sizes

BigOlBish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another update... I have decided that the truck feels too sluggish and rides too rough and I am switching to load range C. The C range are also 9lbs per tire lighter than the E. Tire Rack looks to have them if you’re interested.
https://m.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=General&tireModel=Grabber+A/TX&sidewall=Raised+White+Letters&partnum=67TR7GRATX&tab=Sizes
Oh sweet they're out. I'm still agonizing over the decision but my local discount tire already ordered some falken wildpeak 275/70r17 in C for me. Thank you for letting me know though

OP
OP
the5Gmartian

the5Gmartian

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
U.S. Navy
Oh sweet they're out. I'm still agonizing over the decision but my local discount tire already ordered some falken wildpeak 275/70r17 in C for me. Thank you for letting me know though
From everything i've read those tires are supposed to be amazing, maybe even better than the Grabbers, I just think that the Grabbers look better ;) I don't think you'll be disappointed!

BigOlBish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From everything i've read those tires are supposed to be amazing, maybe even better than the Grabbers, I just think that the Grabbers look better ;) I don't think you'll be disappointed!
In the end I was just getting impatient waiting for the grabbers to come out. Guess it would've worked out to be around the same time since I think I'm getting my falkens installed on Sunday. Also couldn't decide 265 or 285 so I just split the difference

OP
OP
the5Gmartian

the5Gmartian

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
U.S. Navy
In the end I was just getting impatient waiting for the grabbers to come out. Guess it would've worked out to be around the same time since I think I'm getting my falkens installed on Sunday. Also couldn't decide 265 or 285 so I just split the difference
Do you have a level kit on yours? I'd be curious if the 275s rub or not.

BigOlBish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you have a level kit on yours? I'd be curious if the 275s rub or not.
Also putting that on Sunday. Fox 2.0s I think I'm going to leave them at the preset 2". Also bought readylift intrusion beams just in case since I also got 1" wheel spacers. Lots of stuff to put on its going to be a long day. Really hoping I don't need to change the rear intrusion beams as they look like a bigger pita

OP
OP
the5Gmartian

the5Gmartian

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
U.S. Navy
Also putting that on Sunday. Fox 2.0s I think I'm going to leave them at the preset 2". Also bought readylift intrusion beams just in case since I also got 1" wheel spacers. Lots of stuff to put on its going to be a long day. Really hoping I don't need to change the rear intrusion beams as they look like a bigger pita
Sounds awesome. I’d love to hear how it fits when its all done. I’ve been wanting to do spacers as well because my tires are a bit too tucked in after installing fender flares.

BigOlBish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds awesome. I’d love to hear how it fits when its all done. I’ve been wanting to do spacers as well because my tires are a bit too tucked in after installing fender flares.
Of course I'll probably start a build journal and report back here. Was trying to look at your pictures and saw you're in the navy, CTN2 here
Sponsored