First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
OK
I know I shouldn't ask, but I have been trying to decide to keep my Machined Magnetic wheels or change to Magnetics or Blackout package Blacks. Wheel and Tire takeoffs (ideally with TPMS)
I may not listen to you guys, but curious what the consensus would be. And I am bored at work waiting for my next meeting!
So, please vote!
Ground rules: (yes I think this is needed for this group!?)
  1. Don't start talking about aftermarket wheels - I want to stay with stock for cost reasons
  2. Dont go off on a tangent about tire sizes, I want takeoffs, so again stock rubber - but you can comment on the pros & cons of 1vs 17 inch wheels
  3. Focus on just the 3 options presented - just like too many cable channels, I want to keep the list small!
  4. And lets stick with White Rangers
My Truck and current Wheels - Machined Magnetics
1627477082122.png
1627415777769.png

Magnetics (I may have borrowed this pic from a forum member - thanks in advance)
1627415808807.png

And Blacks - These might look better after I paint the lower bumper and skid plate black
1627415859552.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

TeaWrecks

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
Bought a set magnetic wheels off of someone before I have even taken possession of the truck so I might be biased. I'll be putting my winter tires on them. They look great no matter the color and fit well with the magnetic trim found on most models.

Machined look nice but I don't feel like it's completely there with the rest of the look.

OP
OP
micl9

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Bought a set magnetic wheels off of someone before I have even taken possession of the truck so I might be biased. I'll be putting my winter tires on them. They look great no matter the color and fit well with the magnetic trim found on most models.

Machined look nice but I don't feel like it's completely there with the rest of the look.
yeah I tend to agree, the more I black out my truck the more the machined wheels don't work.
More pics of my truck HERE and HERE

Something like this would kick ass
Not sure on the white on white - and you broke rule # 3! ?

SilverSlugger

First Name
Wally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Baking
I have a white with some chrome and that makes things even harder. I really like those that Trigganometry just put in the post above but idk with the chrome I have. Iā€™m leaning on keeping my stocks rims also and throwing on 285 65 r18ā€™s when I wear the rubber down on my current set.

Iā€™m also contemplated going all the way to right field and doing gold rims or somthing unique but havnt found somthing that caught the heart yet.

66F100

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2WD XLT SCAB
Occupation
Lineman
OK
I know I shouldn't ask, but I have been trying to decide to keep my Machined Magnetic wheels or change to Magnetics or Blackout package Blacks. Wheel and Tire takeoffs (ideally with TPMS)
I may not listen to you guys, but curious what the consensus would be. And I am bored at work waiting for my next meeting!
So, please vote!
Ground rules: (yes I think this is needed for this group!?)
  1. Don't start talking about aftermarket wheels - I want to stay with stock for cost reasons
  2. Dont go off on a tangent about tire sizes, I want takeoffs, so again stock rubber - but you can comment on the pros & cons of 1vs 17 inch wheels
  3. Focus on just the 3 options presented - just like too many cable channels, I want to keep the list small!
  4. And lets stick with White Rangers
My current Wheels - Machined Magnetics
1627415777769.png

Magnetics (I may have borrowed this pic from a forum member - thnaks in advance)
1627415808807.png

And Blacks - These might look better after I paint the lower bumper and skid plate black
1627415859552.png
I prefer the blackouts. If they were available on the lot when I purchased my truck they'd be mine.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Always Black on a white truck
I have to agree with this too. I love the BAP and think those wheels would look great on your truck. Maybe add a black pin stripe down the side, paint the bash plate black and tinted windows. :like:

OP
OP
micl9

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
I have to agree with this too. I love the BAP and think those wheels would look great on your truck. Maybe add a black pin stripe down the side, paint the bash plate black and tinted windows. :like:
All on my list, but hadn't thought about a black pin stripe!

Alpha Tauri this year has be really liking white wheels. Especially on darker colors.
AlphaTauri-AT02.jpg
I am more Mercedes!
But maybe if I didnt have the Sport pkg with magnetic accents I would have gone white out!

Mpro2

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger xlt
Anything but black, but that's just me....I'm in Oxford white with painted silver rims. Thought about changing to magnetic, but it has grown on me. Added a little extra silver to my black/white color scheme like tailgate lettering and such. Be yourself and pick whatever makes you happy!

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
Saw a white Ranger SuperCrew just the other day with looked to be a 2ā€ lift and bronze aftermarket wheels w/ slightly larger than OEM tires. Stance was spot on and the bronze wheels looked better than I would have imagined. It passed me at slow speed so couldnā€™t see the brand. Looked to be (or similar) to Icon COMPRESSION / BRONZE
1627436101401.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
micl9

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
It all depends on the color of your bumpers & fender flares. IMO match whichever you have
Well mostly magnetic. Bumbers have some black.
Sponsored