First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
I have a superflow for my RV that's to small for the 19.5" tires, so will move that to the truck, and get a new one for the RV, which one is best, the Superflow MV-90, or the Smittybuilt 2781?. Anyone with either chime in, and does the Superflow have a auto cut off? I have read conflicting statements on this.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
OP
OP
JesseS

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
There's a lot of good portable ones out there now. When I was researching them I went with my Jeep friends advise and went with a Viair 88p. I can air up my 32's without having to wait for the compressor to cool down, I think the duty cycle is 25 minutes. It's a great middle of the road compressor.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005ASY23I/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1
I looked at that one, at 1.5 CFM it would be pretty slow on large tires. The Smittybuilt is 5.65 CFM, much faster, and cost 3 times as much although cost isn't much of a factor.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I have a superflow for my RV that's to small for the 19.5" tires, so will move that to the truck, and get a new one for the RV, which one is best, the Superflow MV-90, or the Smittybuilt 2781?. Anyone with either chime in, and does the Superflow have a auto cut off? I have read conflicting statements on this.
My Air Compressor is driven off my CAT diesel in the RV....150 psi availalbe in high volume... I carry 100 ft of air hose to reach other folks that might need help... My tires are quite a bit larger too so takes a few minutes to fill them....

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
…. The Smittybuilt is 5.65 CFM, much faster, and cost 3 times as much although cost isn't much of a factor.
Ok mr money bags :) If cost isn’t much of a factor step up to ARB single or dual air compressor. You will not be concerned with “faster”, it will simply make the smittybuilt look like shittybuilt.

Viair has many models/ sizes to choose from. Pick the best suited one for your purpose. No way would I even consider smittybuilt over viair.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I looked at that one, at 1.5 CFM it would be pretty slow on large tires. The Smittybuilt is 5.65 CFM, much faster, and cost 3 times as much although cost isn't much of a factor.
Sorry still a little brain fog going on and forgot where you said 19.5" tires. In this description it says the Smittybilt 2781 has Auto-thermal cutoff switch - protects motor against damage.

Here's a link for the different Viair in case you want to go that route. I've had great luck with mine along with many of my friends. Smittybilt seems to be hit/miss from what I've seen.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=viair+300p&crid=3C2VMHX0YBYXX&sprefix=viair,aps,232&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_5_5

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Viair 400P is what I use...

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager

2020FRL

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2014 Harley Tri Glide
Occupation
Retired
I use the bolt battery charger with light and compressor. I've used it to fill the truck tires and the trike rear tires. As a benny, no power needed. It supplies it's own. Also, it can jump start a big truck. Used it a couple weeks ago to jumpstart my neighbors 2005 F350 diesel. He was spectacle, but, it did the trick.

Bolt w:Compressor.jpeg

FXranger4

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ranger Lariat FX4 Triumph Tiger 900 GT Pro
Occupation
Moving Electrons Around

RangerAl87

First Name
al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger XLT
Occupation
Tech
https://www.amazon.com/GSPSCN-Inflator-Cylinders-Portable-Compressor/dp/B077N9PXV3

This is what I got. Is it the best? No!
Is it pretty damn good for less than $60? You bet your sweet ass it is!

Airs up so fast it takes all of the excuses away for not airing down on the trail.
I purchased the same one over a year ago and used it about 25 times and it shit the bed as of three weeks ago. Just replaced it with the smitty , used it once and I was impressed. Not a fan of the Japanese fittings . But I've seen people mod them with standard fittings and a pressure switch
Sponsored