First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger, XLT 4x4, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Therapist -- Retired Navy
Really? $70 for two tie downs and four screws. Am I missing something. I want to add four more to the existing holes, so I have eight total places to lock down to, but that $140 to do that. Please tell me I’m missing something, like the are made out of titanium or something.
Sponsored

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Seems the middle ones were deleted sometime during the 2019 run as I guess a cost saving measure. Mine (2019) didn't have them either. But I talked to my dealer and they ended up giving them to me. You might try that avenue first but I would not suggest insisting they do so. Maybe like I did. I think I said something like, "I felt I was very fair when dealing with you on both the purchase and trade in. So I would appreciate it if you could get me a set of the missing tie downs." Now if they took those they gave me off another truck in the lot I'll never know but they had them the next day. :)

But yeah the middle ones are not included anymore. So you can ask and see if they will hook you up but it may not be likely these days. If not you have to buy them or go with other options like Vegas listed above. Lastly, they didn't even cost that much in early 2020. It seems as more people found their Rangers without them the price went up. As I recall they were like maybe $30 for both tie downs and both sets of bolts before that?

Last edited:

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Really? $70 for two tie downs and four screws. Am I missing something. I want to add four more to the existing holes, so I have eight total places to lock down to, but that $140 to do that. Please tell me I’m missing something, like the are made out of titanium or something.
Be careful adding extra tie-down points - the existng locations are reinforced and rated for a specific load. Just adding new points could cause some real damage. Good luck.

OP
OP
Gsxrdoug

Gsxrdoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Be careful adding extra tie-down points - the existng locations are reinforced and rated for a specific load. Just adding new points could cause some real damage. Good luck.
Then what are the mounted screw holes for? Meaning threaded holes the same distance apart as the tie down brackets are?

OP
OP
Gsxrdoug

Gsxrdoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Doesn’t matter now bought the Amazon loops. $14 for 10. And I use them just to hold trash from blowing out going to the dump. The motorcycle will use the lower ones.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Then what are the mounted screw holes for? Meaning threaded holes the same distance apart as the tie down brackets are?
Sorry, I misunderstood when you said you wanted to “add” four more so you would have eight. My bad.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Seems the middle ones were deleted sometime during the 2019 run as I guess a cost saving measure. Mine (2019) didn't have them either. But I talked to my dealer and they ended up giving them to me. You might try that avenue first but I would not suggest insisting they do so. Maybe like I did. I think I said something like, "I felt I was very fair when dealing with you on both the purchase and trade in. So I would appreciate it if you could get me a set of the missing tie downs." Now if they took those they gave me off another truck in the lot I'll never know but they had them the next day. :)

But yeah the middle ones are not included anymore. So you can ask and see if they will hook you up but it may not be likely these days. If not you have to buy them or go with other options like Vegas listed above. Lastly, they didn't even cost that much in early 2020. It seems as more people found their Rangers without them the price went up. As I recall they were like maybe $30 for both tie downs and both sets of bolts before that?
Hi Mark,

Been through this complaints many times. I know the reason as the Plant Vehicle Team Manager was a friend of mine and there was a Material Cost Reduction action to delete the center tire downs....They went away...good or bad...they are gone. What it costs at the Ford Dealer is decided by Ford. It was great for a while as dealers bought them to close the deal on purchase of a Ranger, but this is not the case now...So you pay the price for the center tie downs or you do not and create your own or live without them.

I do not condone this deletion, but it is what it is.... I do not ever use the center tie downs but have use the front and aft several times. So if there are two to be deleted....the center ones were the choice.

Then PVT manager promptly retired after this deletion. He now lives in Michigan but spends time at his house in Fla. during the winter.

So....Deal with it....They are only coming back if Ford Customer Care is inundated with complaints...SO...Open up an formal complaint to get Ford off dead center....or Shut Up...this is a dead horse...

best,
Phil

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
So....Deal with it....They are only coming back if Ford Customer Care is inundated with complaints...SO...Open up an formal complaint to get Ford off dead center....or Shut Up...this is a dead horse...

best,
Phil
Hi Phil. Not sure why you told me to deal with it, open a complaint or shut up. :(

I was just relaying my own experience from over a year ago and trying to add some information for the OP. And as I said it was resolved to my satisfaction.

Thanks.

Last edited:

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Phil. Not sure why you told me to deal with it, open a complaint or shut up. :(

I was just relaying my own experience from over a year ago and trying to add some information for the OP. And as I said it was resolved to my satisfaction.

Thanks.
Hi Mark,

My take is this...if you are adding your advice for OP...it is best to state this... I am loosing my patience in old age with the continuing saga of center tie downs. I understand your intentions now but may folks will start to chime in and the saga continues. In your mind you were being value added...however...I missed the boat on this aspect. So I am happy you got satisfaction....

Now if only my tailgate damper worked as intended... Another dead horse to flog...

Thanks!
Phil

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Hi Mark,

My take is this...if you are adding your advice for OP...it is best to state this... I am loosing my patience in old age with the continuing saga of center tie downs. I understand your intentions now but may folks will start to chime in and the saga continues. In your mind you were being value added...however...I missed the boat on this aspect. So I am happy you got satisfaction....

Now if only my tailgate damper worked as intended... Another dead horse to flog...

Thanks!
Phil
Okay grumpy. I cry in missing ignition ring bezel that one has to buy off a guy here that 3d prints them. :D

I'm kidding of course. I always value your feedback. But if I may offer some advice, if you are tired of dead horse topics, then just ignore them. I know you are trying to balance your real life and all that entails with the forum. Much respect for all you contribute.

Last edited:

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
FWIW, I have owned a pickup truck except for 3 or 4 years in the mid 80s continually since the mid 70s. None of them had tie downs in the middle or had provisions for them. When I got the Ranger and noticed the bolt holes for tie down points over the the wheel wells my take was; "cool they have given a place for more tie downs if I ever need them".