Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Link to blog post: http://bds-suspension.com/blog/?p=17699

Link to kit: http://bds-suspension.com/product?kid=1544H

PR328-A.jpg

There has been a lot of buzz around the relaunch of the Ford Ranger in the North American markets and with that comes aftermarket support. BDS Suspension is now shipping out the first of several new lift kits and accessories coming available for the all new 2019 Ford Ranger. These new 2” leveling kits are specially designed to improve the appearance and tire clearance of your new Ranger, leveling the stance using a 2-piece spacer design that won’t overextend the suspension and driveline angles (as with other kits on the market). As with all BDS lifts, this new 2” leveling kit includes Factory Protection Plus giving you peace of mind on and off the road. This includes the BDS No Fine Print Warranty, ESC system compatibility and a 5year-60,000mile drivetrain warranty. Give your new Ranger that extra boost with BDS Suspension.

With the 2019 model Ford Ranger returning for North American consumers the aftermarket support is following close behind. The first of several new lift kits and accessories to come available from BDS Suspension is this new 2.0” leveling kit allowing 285/70r17 tires to be installed. Specially designed for the new Ranger, this new kit is engineered for additional tire clearance and improved performance without overextending the suspension or driveline angles at full suspension droop (as is the case with other top mounted spacers and taller leveling kits on the market). The issue with most other kits is they increase the overall length of the strut assembly maxing out ball joints and causing the CV shaft/boot to operate at an extreme angle leading to premature wear/failure of the components. To get around this apparent issue the BDS kit uses a 2-piece design with a smaller top mounted steel strut spacer in combination with a preload spacer. The top mounted spacer installs easily and is finished in a durable black e-coating for a clean appearance. The preload spacer installs below the spring and raises the ride height without extending the overall extended length of the strut assembly while maintaining factory ride quality allowing you to get the most out of your new Ranger's factory suspension.

Also included in this new 2” leveling kit are a pair of precision tuned rear gas shocks to further enhance your Ranger’s performance. The BDS NX2 twin tube gas shocks come standard or can be upgraded to the FOX 2.0 performance series IFP shocks for race proven damper technology. Give your new Ranger the extra boost with this 2” leveling kit from BDS Suspension.
Sponsored

djrobb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Tacoma 4dr Sport Long Bed
Vehicle Showcase
Lots of kits out now. Any recommendations for me? I’m interested primarily in on-road handling and the ability to support some larger tires. Mostly for appearance. My off-roading is limited to well maintained gravel roads. My truck is 4x4 crew but not fx4. Smooth ride is important to me.

Randy2400h

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport FX4, 2015 Ford Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Link to blog post: http://bds-suspension.com/blog/?p=17699

Link to kit: http://bds-suspension.com/product?kid=1544H

PR328-A.jpg

There has been a lot of buzz around the relaunch of the Ford Ranger in the North American markets and with that comes aftermarket support. BDS Suspension is now shipping out the first of several new lift kits and accessories coming available for the all new 2019 Ford Ranger. These new 2” leveling kits are specially designed to improve the appearance and tire clearance of your new Ranger, leveling the stance using a 2-piece spacer design that won’t overextend the suspension and driveline angles (as with other kits on the market). As with all BDS lifts, this new 2” leveling kit includes Factory Protection Plus giving you peace of mind on and off the road. This includes the BDS No Fine Print Warranty, ESC system compatibility and a 5year-60,000mile drivetrain warranty. Give your new Ranger that extra boost with BDS Suspension.

With the 2019 model Ford Ranger returning for North American consumers the aftermarket support is following close behind. The first of several new lift kits and accessories to come available from BDS Suspension is this new 2.0” leveling kit allowing 285/70r17 tires to be installed. Specially designed for the new Ranger, this new kit is engineered for additional tire clearance and improved performance without overextending the suspension or driveline angles at full suspension droop (as is the case with other top mounted spacers and taller leveling kits on the market). The issue with most other kits is they increase the overall length of the strut assembly maxing out ball joints and causing the CV shaft/boot to operate at an extreme angle leading to premature wear/failure of the components. To get around this apparent issue the BDS kit uses a 2-piece design with a smaller top mounted steel strut spacer in combination with a preload spacer. The top mounted spacer installs easily and is finished in a durable black e-coating for a clean appearance. The preload spacer installs below the spring and raises the ride height without extending the overall extended length of the strut assembly while maintaining factory ride quality allowing you to get the most out of your new Ranger's factory suspension.

Also included in this new 2” leveling kit are a pair of precision tuned rear gas shocks to further enhance your Ranger’s performance. The BDS NX2 twin tube gas shocks come standard or can be upgraded to the FOX 2.0 performance series IFP shocks for race proven damper technology. Give your new Ranger the extra boost with this 2” leveling kit from BDS Suspension.

I wish they gave an option to upgrade the front springs/struts with a matching FOX or BDS set instead of using a preload spacer. I do like the idea of upgrading the rear shocks at the same time. Close call between BDS and ReadyLift. ReadyLift is a spacer kit split between the top and bottom. BDS is a top spacer with a preload spacer on the bottom. Hard to say which offers the better kit. BDS may just win out because it’s available now and they’re already offering options to improve the ride quality.

ToothRanger

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
D.D.S.
Vehicle Showcase
I wish they gave an option to upgrade the front springs/struts with a matching FOX or BDS set instead of using a preload spacer. I do like the idea of upgrading the rear shocks at the same time. Close call between BDS and ReadyLift. ReadyLift is a spacer kit split between the top and bottom. BDS is a top spacer with a preload spacer on the bottom. Hard to say which offers the better kit. BDS may just win out because it’s available now and they’re already offering options to improve the ride quality.
It's coming, don't worry. I'm waiting for their full lift kit to come out too. I'll be waiting for some reviews before I decide between BDS and Icon.

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat / 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription
So how can they fit a 285/70R17 with a 2” level but a 2.5” RC level won’t fit them... :inspect:

Last edited:

OP
OP
j0shm1lls

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, this is just the beginning of their kits. Lots more to come!

MrRisk

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT
Occupation
Mechanic
Vehicle Showcase
So how can they fit a 285/70R17 with a 2” level but a 2.5” RC level won’t fit them... :inspect:
I fit 33x12.5 with a 2.5” level kit so.....

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat / 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription
I fit 33x12.5 with a 2.5” level kit so.....
With stock wheels? I’m trying to decide on 285/70 or 265/70 with the 2.5” level. But idk if 285 will fit... can’t seem to find anyone that can confirm 100% they will fit without major issues.

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
285 will require aftermarket wheels or wheel spacers. There's too much offset on the stock wheels for these to work. With a 2.5" level and different wheels, there's already a couple people that have confirmed that 33's fit with minor trimming and removal of the crash bars. Review Mr. Risk's thread(s). He has one in tires/wheels, one in build journals, and one in show and tell. All showing that he has 33's with a 2.5" lift. Granted he's now moved on to full suspension, his initial mod was the 2.5" list from Rough Country.

orbit8

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Yes it all depends on the wheel. I wouldn't go with a wider tire without adding offset. The upper ball joint is really close to the tire sidewall with the OEM size.

Desert_5G

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
I'm leaning torward this leveling kit. But unsure about having the rear shock different than the front struts. Are the fox 2.0 rear shocks really a improvement of the FX shocks? A lot of reviews complained of the bouncy ride on the "non" FX shocks but I haven't heard of how the FX shocks are on/off road.

Randy2400h

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport FX4, 2015 Ford Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I'm leaning torward this leveling kit. But unsure about having the rear shock different than the front struts. Are the fox 2.0 rear shocks really a improvement of the FX shocks? A lot of reviews complained of the bouncy ride on the "non" FX shocks but I haven't heard of how the FX shocks are on/off road.
I’m going to give this kit a shot. It will allow for the Falken WildPeak A/T3 275/65-18s I plan on wrapping over the stock wheels. Later on, when they have 3+ inch kits that include a drop for the front differential, new upper A-arms, new coil-overs in the front, plus matching gas struts in the back; then I will be revisiting my Ranger’s suspension. I find that the stock FX4 suspension is a bit too bouncy in the front and the back end chatters/hops hard over road defects. It’s hard to find comparisons between the BDS and more expensive Fox 2.0 struts offered on this kit. What I have found suggests that the Fox struts are stiffer and more suited for off-road, whereas the BDS is more tame on-road.

What I’m hoping for with this kit is to stiffen up the front end slightly which should happen with the preload spacers and soften up the rear-end with the BDS gas struts.

It’s on order, we’ll see how it goes.

Desert_5G

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
After 5 days w/o receiving an update on my order I checked the website. It looks like they removed the kit from their page. you have some explaining to do BDS :facepalm:

OP
OP
j0shm1lls

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
After 5 days w/o receiving an update on my order I checked the website. It looks like they removed the kit from their page. you have some explaining to do BDS :facepalm:
I emailed them earlier today asking why it was removed - no answer yet. I'll update if they reply. It may have something to do with the dangers of reusing Nyloc nuts (just a guess though).

OP
OP
j0shm1lls

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No reply via email about why the kits were taken down, but they did reply to my question of if any modification was needed to fit 285/70R17s.

Carter @ BDS SuspensionMarch 15, 2019 at 9:53 am
Hey Josh,
no additional modifications were needed on our test vehicles to clear the 285/70r17 tires on stock 17″ wheels. If switching to an aftermarket wheel with a smaller backspacing measurement you may need to trim fenders/remove crash bars for clearance in all driving situations (on/off-road)
Sponsored