First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport FX4, 2015 Ford Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
ordered my kit on Sunday and got it in the mail today
I have my kit as well. Couldn’t find my old strut compressor so I have to wait until Monday when Amazon delivers. Probably should have just gone to Autozone and rented a kit, but I don’t like to mess around by using junk tools to compress struts.

OP
OP
j0shm1lls

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase

RJohans

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4 Supercrew Sport
Occupation
Project Manager
The video describes the 2" leveling kit spacers (about $158, including rear shocks), but also points out advantages of the OPTIONAL upper control arms (another $736). http://bds-suspension.com/product?ma=3&mo=25&ty=1&yr=2019

If I intend to use my Ranger as a daily driver, with little-to-no off-roading, do I need to upgrade the UCAs?

fk_1544FS-01.jpg

OP
OP
j0shm1lls

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If I intend to use my Ranger as a daily driver, with little-to-no off-roading, do I need to upgrade the UCAs?
If you can get the truck to within alignment specs without the UCA, then there's no need for the UCAs.

EDIT: Maybe the people that have already installed their kits chime in as to whether they had issues aligning?

Last edited:

@zzzziegler

First Name
Jarret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger lariat Fx4
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
If you can get the truck to within alignment specs without the UCA, then there's no need for the UCAs.

EDIT: Maybe the people that have already installed their kits chime in as to whether they had issues aligning?
Question is can they be aligned within spec. Spending a extra $700 to get a 2” lift doesn’t sound appealing.

Randy2400h

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

I had problems with aligning post-kit. The first time I called BDS, the tech support guy said “let me get your information and I’ll have one of our engineers reach out to you. In the meantime you may want to check with another alignment shop.” I never heard anything, and I checked with another alignment shop to no success,
so I called BDS a second time. I’m paraphrasing but it was essentially “sorry man, I don’t know what to tell you, the kit is still very new and we don’t have any timelines on when UCAs will be available.” ...Thanks a lot! So although I’m happy with the ride quality, I still have a positive camber problem that needed addressed so I just ordered tubular UCAs from ICON (the only ones available at the time). So when JoshMills publishes this video today, after I’ve spoken with them TWICE and received zero info, I’m super F-in pissed!

I called them again today, and for the VERY FIRST TIME, that tech support guy agreed that’s it’s a problem that I cannot get the truck properly aligned post-kit. I now owe him an email with measurements and pictures. It’s charity at this point because I’m already deposited money on the ICON tubular UCAs.

Jrye22

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
I had problems with aligning post-kit. The first time I called BDS, the tech support guy said “let me get your information and I’ll have one of our engineers reach out to you. In the meantime you may want to check with another alignment shop.” I never heard anything, and I checked with another alignment shop to no success,
so I called BDS a second time. I’m paraphrasing but it was essentially “sorry man, I don’t know what to tell you, the kit is still very new and we don’t have any timelines on when UCAs will be available.” ...Thanks a lot! So although I’m happy with the ride quality, I still have a positive camber problem that needed addressed so I just ordered tubular UCAs from ICON (the only ones available at the time). So when JoshMills publishes this video today, after I’ve spoken with them TWICE and received zero info, I’m super F-in pissed!

I called them again today, and for the VERY FIRST TIME, that tech support guy agreed that’s it’s a problem that I cannot get the truck properly aligned post-kit. I now owe him an email with measurements and pictures. It’s charity at this point because I’m already deposited money on the ICON tubular UCAs.
Did bds provide specs for alignment? I know rough country did and I took my truck to a mavis and he followed as close as he could to the specs I’ll have to get a photo of my actual alignment it’s in the truck

Randy2400h

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Did bds provide specs for alignment? I know rough country did and I took my truck to a mavis and he followed as close as he could to the specs I’ll have to get a photo of my actual alignment it’s in the truck
I expected as much, but have gotten nothing. They did not include any specs with the kit, and the tech guys had no specs to pass on to me either.

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Anyone with the kit and installed have any feedback on how the rear feels with the shocks?

Jrye22

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
I expected as much, but have gotten nothing. They did not include any specs with the kit, and the tech guys had no specs to pass on to me either.
Here are the rough country specs and what I got from mavis

CD431015-A330-4744-B2C4-FFFD3F3FBA91.jpeg

5EEC542D-E522-4609-8674-C802968D5C88.jpeg

Desert_5G

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
No reply via email about why the kits were taken down, but they did reply to my question of if any modification was needed to fit 285/70R17s.
guess I'll be modifying the crash bar to clear the wheels I plan on getting. even though the offset is unknown at this point. one thing I just thought of. after the leveling kit. does it matter if the alignment is done before or after the new wheel and tires go on? since it will be a month or two after the BDS kit gets installed that the new wheels will go on.

Randy2400h

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
guess I'll be modifying the crash bar to clear the wheels I plan on getting. even though the offset is unknown at this point. one thing I just thought of. after the leveling kit. does it matter if the alignment is done before or after the new wheel and tires go on? since it will be a month or two after the BDS kit gets installed that the new wheels will go on.
Any alignment shop will tell you to have the new wheels/tires installed before alignment if you’re changing tire size and/or wheel offset.

OP
OP
j0shm1lls

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
6" BDS Lift

justspeed7

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Has anybody been able to get their trucks back into current alignment specs after? Really want to go with this kit with the upgraded fox shocks but don’t want alignment issues.
Sponsored