First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Carpenter
New here, just bought a ‘22 Ranger XLT. My local shop quoted me $970 plus tax to install the BDS leveling kit and do an alignment. Am I crazy or is that crazy high??
Sponsored

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
That sounds VERY high.

Also, be aware that the BDS leveling kit is the same kit as the Zone leveling kit (BDS owns Zone). The BDS kit just includes their shocks.

I went with the Zone kit and put Bilstein shocks on the rear.

I think I was charged around $150 to put the leveling kit in. The alignment was an extra $80.

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
Sounds high but the BDS kit has upper and lower spacers both so you have to remove the whole strut assembly and use a spring compressor to install the lower spacer. Plus align it. Plus install the rear shocks. The rear shocks aren't that hard to change yourself. See if they'll do it for $200 less without the rear shocks.

veloci1

First Name
andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger 4wd XLT Ionic Silver.
you can do this yourself. i did it by following the link below. no concerns about axle and complicating things. view from minute 4 on and you will see what i am talking about. i still do not understand why most people do it by removing the upper portion of the suspension.

Last edited:

gwhalin

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Retired
you can do this yourself. i did it by following the link below. no concerns about axle and complicating things. view from minute 4 on and you will see what i am talking about. i still do not understand why most people do it buy removing the upper portion of the suspension.

So you disconnected your lower control arms and didn't bother with the axle nut? Any gotchas or headaches you ran into using this approach?

veloci1

First Name
andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger 4wd XLT Ionic Silver.
i marked the location of the aligning bolts with a black marker. i did this so i could safely drive to the alignment shop after i was done . i did not have to worry about the axle coming off. follow the video and you will be surprised how much easier this method is compared to what others are doing.
Sponsored