First Name
dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, in magnetic
Occupation
retired
Recently started getting this screen when starting truck, dealer upgraded sync. Don't know what it means.
1615065288905.png

1615065290163.png
Sponsored

Stangman570

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 4x4 XLT Sport
Recently started getting this screen when starting truck, dealer upgraded sync. Don't know what it means.
1615065288905.png

1615065290163.png
I usually get this message if I'm washing the truck or doing upgrades, oil change, etc while leaving the key in the ACC position so I can listen to the Radio. After a period of time the truck will go in sleep mode to conserve the battery. However, you shouldn't see this each time you start your truck. You could possibly have a low battery. Curious why the dealership would upgrade the SYNC?

OP
OP

etnad

First Name
dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, in magnetic
Occupation
retired
Dealer did a major sync update because screen would have to be reset every morning, Truck sits two days at the most.

Leftcoast

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Crewcab
I had that screen once. A few weeks later i noticed the auto start/stop wasn't working. Ford replaced the battery and cleared an old evap code (or so I'm told). Now it works good. I drive the truck most days and typically it's 40 miles.
I'll definitely be watching it and have bought the CTEK charger for if I ever need to leave it for weeks at a time. The truck sounds like R2D2 when I look at it cross eyed. It burps, chirps, and clanks whenever it wakes up. I'd hope they would update the software to drain less power when it's off.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I had that screen once. A few weeks later i noticed the auto start/stop wasn't working. Ford replaced the battery and cleared an old evap code (or so I'm told). Now it works good. I drive the truck most days and typically it's 40 miles.
I'll definitely be watching it and have bought the CTEK charger for if I ever need to leave it for weeks at a time. The truck sounds like R2D2 when I look at it cross eyed. It burps, chirps, and clanks whenever it wakes up. I'd hope they would update the software to drain less power when it's off.
Just an FYI but if I were you I would throw the charger on even if it's not being used. I have to use mine all the time even if I'm driving it most days. Just a week or so ago my Intelligent Access wasn't working on all but the drivers door and even then it was very weak. Once I hooked up the maintainer all was well again. This was after a job I was doing where I was driving it 60 miles a day for a week.

Leftcoast

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Crewcab
Just an FYI but if I were you I would throw the charger on even if it's not being used. I have to use mine all the time even if I'm driving it most days. Just a week or so ago my Intelligent Access wasn't working on all but the drivers door and even then it was very weak. Once I hooked up the maintainer all was well again. This was after a job I was doing where I was driving it 60 miles a day for a week.
I refuse to put a battery tender on a one year old vehicle that's driven almost every day. Right now I'm under the assumption that the problem was an outlier and is fixed. If it isn't I'd expect Ford to fix the software or feed me free new batteries for the ten years I expect to own it.
I applaud your effort to muddle through your battery management system flaw. My truck is still well within it's 3/36 warranty. Yes, I will document and have the dealership document any flaws that haven't been repaired before my warranty has expired. I'm confident that Ford will step up when and if that time arrives.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I refuse to put a battery tender on a one year old vehicle that's driven almost every day. Right now I'm under the assumption that the problem was an outlier and is fixed. If it isn't I'd expect Ford to fix the software or feed me free new batteries for the ten years I expect to own it.
I applaud your effort to muddle through your battery management system flaw. My truck is still well within it's 3/36 warranty. Yes, I will document and have the dealership document any flaws that haven't been repaired before my warranty has expired. I'm confident that Ford will step up when and if that time arrives.
When I go for my next service I will leave mine off for a week and let the dealer check it out. I just don't want to get stuck somewhere with a dead battery that can be avoided by doing something so simple. Mine is only 20 months old and will hopefully get them to replace it. When it comes time to buy one hopefully Interstate has a replacement because I've always had good luck with them.
Sponsored