OP

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Called Corporate today and only got voicemail. Called the dealership and they said they have not received the parts. I asked about getting a loaner car and they said they didn’t have any. 19 days in the shop with no return date in sight. This what $39,007 got me. Wow

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Called Corporate today and only got voicemail. Called the dealership and they said they have not received the parts. I asked about getting a loaner car and they said they didn’t have any. 19 days in the shop with no return date in sight. This what $39,007 got me. Wow
I'd press the dealer for a loaner at this point..... That is not unreasonable in the least.

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger SuperCrew XLT Tremor
I can't for the life of me understand why it's taking them so long with yours. I had the exact same thing done with mine and all the parts needed to replace the injector were there within a couple days. Maybe they ran out of parts right after mine was finished, but that's hard to believe. My dealer always has a loner available if you need it. They actually apologized because they only had an '18 Focus left for a loner and thought I would be disappointed because I couldn't drive a truck. I was just thrilled they have loners available. It's good advertising for them as well with a big "This vehicle is provided as a courtesy of White's Canyon Motors" on the side of it. Things like that keep me coming back to that dealer.

Anyhow I wish you luck my friend. I keep checking back to see if they got it fixed yet. Stay strong!

OP
OP

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
I’m looking into lemon law info. This is surreal. I was the Ranger’s biggest fan. This is no longer inconvenient and disappointing, it’s now unmanageable. Ford, I’m still hoping you’ll make this right.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I’m looking into lemon law info. This is surreal. I was the Ranger’s biggest fan. This is no longer inconvenient and disappointing, it’s now unmanageable. Ford, I’m still hoping you’ll make this right.
What is your dealer saying? They seem to be dropping the ball on this....

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger SuperCrew XLT Tremor
If it's out of service and in the shop for 30 days you can start the lemon law process.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
They are waiting on parts ...
They should at the VERY least be providing you with a loaner at this point. It just doesn't seem like they are trying very hard to make a bad situation better. Saying "we don't have any loaners" when you've been without a truck for so long just seems like poor service to me.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
They are waiting on parts ...
Man that dealer is not impressing.

I've had dealers drive 3 hours to the parts depot when they could not get a part in a reasonable time.

These guys need to step up. No excuse for "no parts".

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

I've had dealers drive 3 hours to the parts depot when they could not get a part in a reasonable time.

Agreed 100%

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer

Got to say I agree too. The dealer has customer service issues and the "no loaner car" answer is pretty lame.

I moved on to a different dealer when I bought the Ranger. I did NOT like the service manager (asshole) at the dealer that sold me my 2016 Fusion and moved on.

Last edited:

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Got to say I agree too. The dealer has customer service issues and the "no loaner car" answer is pretty lame.

I moved on to a different dealer when I bought the Ranger. I did NOT like the service manager at the dealer that sold me my 2016 Fusion (asshole) and moved on.
Unfortunately, there are still quite a few "bad" dealers out there. Too many stuck in tactics from the 80's - hard sell and treating you like they are doing you a favor by selling a vehicle to you. Conversely, there are GREAT dealerships out there that really WANT your business and treat you like a valued customer. The trick is finding one of the latter rather than the former.

OP
OP

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Unfortunately, there are still quite a few "bad" dealers out there. Too many stuck in tactics from the 80's - hard sell and treating you like they are doing you a favor by selling a vehicle to you. Conversely, there are GREAT dealerships out there that really WANT your business and treat you like a valued customer. The trick is finding one of the latter rather than the former.
I can’t believe Ford is letting this bad situation get worse. Where is their pride?

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I can’t believe Ford is letting this bad situation get worse. Where is their pride?
You keep saying Ford, but it kind of seems like it is your dealer that is dropping the ball on this one. Ford released the TSB, and others have apparently not had issues getting parts, and yet your dealer is telling you they can't get parts and they won't give you a loaner - that isn't on Ford, that is on your dealer.
Sponsored