Auto Stop / Start

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
No need to spend $90.00, just plus in a $5.00 LED night light into the 110v in the back or drive in S mode. Both will disable ASS.
Dave, did you find a cure for your Ranger's fear of the dark? I think mine is neurotic also.
Sponsored

Last edited:

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
well this is what I use.

20200417_175727.jpg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
well this is what I use.

20200417_175727.jpg
I use one similar to that too. Just make sure you don't use one with the sensor or it won't work at night. :wink: I've read where some said that the light bothered them so just black it out with some spray paint.

dreamst8

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT SuperCrew
Occupation
Consulting
Yup, I went through 2 of them. Darn it they were really nice...chose your color. Let me know what works for you! Thanks a bunch ~Tod
Tod...

I sprung for the www.autostopeliminator.com device...with coupons found with the wiki thingy, 76 bucks shipped... I spend more on brisket, so, problem solved...works perfect..now, to work on my stop anxiety!

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger fx2 and a 2019 Subaru Outback
Occupation
medical
The ASS did its thing as I slowly crept forward while parking my brand new Ranger in my garage. That was enough for me and I plugged in my night light. No more aggravation.
that's when I decided I hated it -- It would shut off then restart in the two seconds it took to stop and shift from D to P when I parked. Yes I know there are cheaper / free ways to get rid of it but less than 90 bucks to never have to worry about it again is totally worth it to me but to each their own!

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
medical
Tod...

I sprung for the www.autostopeliminator.com device...with coupons found with the wiki thingy, 76 bucks shipped... I spend more on brisket, so, problem solved...works perfect..now, to work on my stop anxiety!
that's what I paid --- there's a really good deal going on right now (its April 2020) and SO worth it! Its a worthwhile mod to me, I installed it, hit the button and haven't touched it since, Ive actually forgotten my new ride has that stupid 'feature' - worth the $$ to me for sure.

JohnUSA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
I think what i will like about it being up here in saskatchewan, the weather changes so much in spring and fall that one day it will be too cold for the auto stop/start to work and the next day its shutting the engine off each time you stop. If its not warm enough or the heater is on or the a/c etc. This way its off all the time. And you are right, the only cost to me is letting them k now how its working :)
I just figured that out. Had the a/c on, and wife pushing all buttons on the climate control trying to get it to cool down. All of a sudden it dawned on me to turn off the auto stop/start. Bingo.

Reactions: Doc

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
medical
I just figured that out. Had the a/c on, and wife pushing all buttons on the climate control trying to get it to cool down. All of a sudden it dawned on me to turn off the auto stop/start. Bingo.
if you go to the fuel economy tab and scroll down to the stop start tab it will tell you stop start disabled due to active cooling or what ever if you're wondering why it chooses not to enable it but Im happy just having it off for good - that is the one thing I really hated about this truck (or any new car) its a stupid feature that cannot possibly save any gas because nobody uses it. --- that might be a fun thread to start, a poll "do you use or disable start stop"

TJ1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Regarding the auto start/stop, I like it as most driving is in heavy traffic.
That said I noticed that there are at least 3 different battery part numbers;
BAGM-48H6-610 factory on my 2019 XLT
BAGM-48H6-760 looks like a replacement part number
BAGM-94RH7-800 factory on the Lariat (37 mm longer)
Question is: would a larger CCA battery work and would the auto start/stop benefit?
Tom J

TJ1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Regarding the auto start/stop, I like it as most driving is in heavy traffic.
That said I noticed that there are at least 3 different battery part numbers;
BAGM-48H6-610 factory on my 2019 XLT
BAGM-48H6-760 looks like a replacement part number
BAGM-94RH7-800 factory on the Lariat (37 mm longer)
Question is: would a larger CCA battery work and would the auto start/stop benefit?
Tom J
Looking into dealer parts pages it looks like all replacement batteries across XL, XLT and the Lariat are now the larger 800 CCA battery.
So with this larger battery (800 CCA) would the time that the auto start/stop spends on "vehicle charging" be reduced? For those limited amount of Ranger owners that actually like this feature...
Tom J

Traneman

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX 4x4
Looking into dealer parts pages it looks like all replacement batteries across XL, XLT and the Lariat are now the larger 800 CCA battery.
So with this larger battery (800 CCA) would the time that the auto start/stop spends on "vehicle charging" be reduced? For those limited amount of Ranger owners that actually like this feature...
Tom J
How big was the CCA before this one?

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
?? I love the auto stop/start feature. ??
Sponsored