Auto start stop

Truckee Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Supercrew 4 x 4; 2015 Nissan Murano; 2019 Honda CRF 250F; 2007 Kawasaki Vulcan;
Occupation
Construction Consultant
I'm on the fence regarding this feature. But disabling it is easy and has become a regular routine. I am actually a little annoyed that the XLT does not have a push button start. These days you just expect it. My wife's 2015 Murano has it. And I like being able to leave my key in my pocket when driving her car. Oh well.
Sponsored

Dean

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, 1988 Merkur Scorpio, 1959 Austin Healey Sprite
Occupation
Embedded SW Engineer
Pretty sure the rear electric defroster also prevents auto start/stop. Perhaps indirectly by impacting current draw.

Mick Carlson

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
I push the button to disable the auto start and turn on the cruise control button every time I get in my Ranger. No big deal but I would like the truck to remember my preferred settings. First World problems.

Texas Scout

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, White Platinum
I hate this "feature" with a passion. To me it just reeks of big brother watching me. I am learning to hit the button with the same motion down from turning the key. Just automatically disable that crap with the same motion to reach up and turn the key to start; reach down from key and hit the button. When I can figure out how to turn that off in forscan it will be done. Prolly ruin starters quickly in rapid succession. Incredibly stupid idea. In fact I wish ford would still offer manual transmissions in their trucks. I must be a throwback to older better times I guess. But I still love my new Ranger. Kick-ass little truck.
The easiest way to avoid or turn off the Auto Start/Stop is to put the transmission is Sport mode "S" vs. in Drive mode "D". By design, Sport mode disables the Auto Start/Stop "feature"

ShelbyTC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 2008 Shelby GT Convertible
I hate this "feature" with a passion. To me it just reeks of big brother watching me. I am learning to hit the button with the same motion down from turning the key. Just automatically disable that crap with the same motion to reach up and turn the key to start; reach down from key and hit the button. When I can figure out how to turn that off in forscan it will be done. Prolly ruin starters quickly in rapid succession. Incredibly stupid idea. In fact I wish ford would still offer manual transmissions in their trucks. I must be a throwback to older better times I guess. But I still love my new Ranger. Kick-ass little truck.
I permanently disabled the auto-start stop, and the horn honk in my Ranger, best $150.00 investment so far, check out 4Dtech.com

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I permanently disabled the auto-start stop, and the horn honk in my Ranger, best $150.00 investment so far, check out 4Dtech.com
No need to spend that much money. You can just put a night light in the 110 outlet behind the console for like $2-$3.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
No need to spend any money or add another constant drain on the batt. When you come to a light and the eng stops, since you are just sitting there waiting for the light to change you have time to push the button off. I check to see how long the wait is and push the button just before the wait is over thus saving micro oz, of gas and saving the planet for another micro second. :crackup:

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
Dave's right. I keep my battery jumper plugged in and charging while driving to and from, and low and behold, my motor keeps a hummin'

hawk43

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
No need to spend that much money. You can just put a night light in the 110 outlet behind the console for like $2-$3.

I bought a two pack from wally world today...3.99 Very low profile and worked like a charm...and one left over to use in the house.

I remembered to push stupid the button at startup once... in more than three weeks lol...ONCE. The other 100 times I remembered when it went dead..:crazy: Now not a peep out of the ridiculous contraption. Best mod ever.
Sponsored