Around 30K replace engine air filter - be very, very careful! This should be the easiest maintenance on the 2019/20 Ford Ranger?

Jfull1785

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Walmart Auto tech
It is that easy. Idk what all the hubbub is about?
Yeah, it's that easy. The infamous coolant hose is located in the same spot on my truck as in the picture in previous post... But you don't have to disconnect anything at all. It's not a PVC hose or anything, just use your hand to push it out of the way when you pull the top of the air box off. All these comments are really making it seem difficult when it absolutely is not
Sponsored

I_smell_like_diesel

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat
Occupation
Self Employed
I do not disconnect or loosen anything either, besides the tabs to open the box of course. Not knocking anyone's technique, just learned the ways of the gun as a professional mechanic. You get the feel for when further disassembly is essential.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Just changed mine.
The hose and connector disconnect was a nice heads up. Was easy. But not well designed for maintenance!
And don't read the manual for tasks like this, go straight to the interwebs!

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
I am trying to determine if it was just my vehicle which I don't believe is the case.
I also removed the coolant line on my truck when I changed the air filter.

Our truck is a 2019, might be they made some slight design revisions on the fly to allow more room to remove the filter?

For me, I'll take the extra effort to ensure not putting strain on plastic parts. Kind of like playing "Operation"

1621195205797.png
Sponsored

Last edited: