ARB Summit

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
It's not a bad price either!
It’s cheaper than a regular DD factory mount, ha!

I went ahead and ordered the Old ManEmu front struts and springs and am going to install it all at once.
Sponsored

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone know what size drill but I need for the 4 holes referenced in the original post?

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well that was fun. Got the bumper installed (mostly). Had some issues with the winch and need to do some research on that. Basically, I have a second gen Smittybilt, and I could not find a safe way to rotate the gear box to clear the wires. Plus I did not realize I needed a special adapter plate for the solenoid. I don't have much time between now and my next trip, so we decided to just finish installing the bumper in a way that will allow us to pull it and do the winch most likely in January.

To that end, we decided not to drill the last four holes for the bumper attachment point because we didn't want to limit adjustability when we do the winch. As it sits now, without the stress of a winch pulling, the bumper will not move (unless I hit a tree or something).

Also--I hid the wires on the yellows. I took this picture before we did that. They were sticking out in this picture to test. I decided to keep the weirdly ineffective ARB fogs.

246994465_1465777097137398_8384011255881494154_n.jpg

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Well that was fun. Got the bumper installed (mostly). Had some issues with the winch and need to do some research on that. Basically, I have a second gen Smittybilt, and I could not find a safe way to rotate the gear box to clear the wires. Plus I did not realize I needed a special adapter plate for the solenoid. I don't have much time between now and my next trip, so we decided to just finish installing the bumper in a way that will allow us to pull it and do the winch most likely in January.

To that end, we decided not to drill the last four holes for the bumper attachment point because we didn't want to limit adjustability when we do the winch. As it sits now, without the stress of a winch pulling, the bumper will not move (unless I hit a tree or something).

Also--I hid the wires on the yellows. I took this picture before we did that. They were sticking out in this picture to test. I decided to keep the weirdly ineffective ARB fogs.

246994465_1465777097137398_8384011255881494154_n.jpg
I've got a Warn mounted in my bumper and it was a HUGE F'N PITA! I ended up rotating the gearbox to the proper orientation and then mounted the winch into the cavity in front of the intercooler so the solonoid box is still mounted on top the winch but it's up inside the truck, behind the bumper. I have an extension for the control port wired up and just inside one of the little access doors that allow you to reach the clutch for the free-spool. WHAT A PITA!!!!!
9.jpg

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've got a Warn mounted in my bumper and it was a HUGE F'N PITA! I ended up rotating the gearbox to the proper orientation and then mounted the winch into the cavity in front of the intercooler so the solonoid box is still mounted on top the winch but it's up inside the truck, behind the bumper. I have an extension for the control port wired up and just inside one of the little access doors that allow you to reach the clutch for the free-spool. WHAT A PITA!!!!!
9.jpg
One thing is interesting. My blinkers only glow white but then switch to yellow when blinking.

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
One thing is interesting. My blinkers only glow white but then switch to yellow when blinking.
I ended up just wiring mine in as clearance lighting only so they just stay lit.

OP
OP
Bart

Bart

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT supercrew fx4
Occupation
Software engineer
Reactions: 103

VoodooRanger

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Yes!!!! Love it!!!! I've got an Aussie style antenna inbound too!
6.jpg
And here I thought my truck looked cool going through the tunnel.

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Love the ARB. Mine is still a work in progress. Tires, rack, more lights etc...Just wondering if anyone has any experience with these as a replacement for the stock ARB fogs. https://overlandgarage.ca/products/led-fog-with-drl-upgrade-for-arb-summit-bullbar

IMG_9841~3.jpg

20210910_140115~3.jpg

20211013_184709~2.jpg
Those look cool. I almost mounted my DD yellows in place of the ARB fogs. Now that I see the fogs in use, I probably should have. They don't really seem to do anything. Reminds of my TJ's pointless headlights but worse.

OP
OP
Bart

Bart

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT supercrew fx4
Occupation
Software engineer
Yes!!!! Love it!!!! I've got an Aussie style antenna inbound too!
6.jpg
Whats your plan with the antenna? I've thought about ordering a UHF antenna from GME and having it re-tuned. Australian UHF frequencies are close enough to GMRS that it might work, assuming the antenna is tunable.
Sponsored