First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT supercrew fx4
Occupation
Software engineer
That Summit bumper looks great! is a leveling lift recommended or would it be ok with stock suspension?
I would do a 2.5in leveling kit, I have the readylift 2in and it has a little more rake than I'd like.
Sponsored

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I would do a 2.5in leveling kit, I have the readylift 2in and it has a little more rake than I'd like.
Obviously you need to install a new heavy duty rear bumper to level it out. :like:

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm excited as (fingers crossed) the bumper should be delivered today. I ordered the above linked light harness extensions. Hopefully they'll work!

bka0721

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ranger Edge 2X4 Reg Cab - 2004 Ranger XLT 4X4 4dr - 2008 F550 4X4 Crew Cab Dually
I'm excited as (fingers crossed) the bumper should be delivered today. I ordered the above linked light harness extensions. Hopefully they'll work!
Did you get your bumper? Installed? Pics? Satisfied? Thanks!

bka0721

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ranger Edge 2X4 Reg Cab - 2004 Ranger XLT 4X4 4dr - 2008 F550 4X4 Crew Cab Dually
I love the bumper. It was worth the exhausting day to install it!
2020-12-23 15.52.31.jpg
Thanks for posting the photos! Your install and bumper looks amazing. What lights did you install? What did you do with your light switches? Future plans?

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for posting the photos! Your install and bumper looks amazing. What lights did you install? What did you do with your light switches? Future plans?
So the bumper came with corner marker/turn signals (amber) and fog lights (led ovals) that you see mounted in the bumper. The Round lights bolted to the top of the bumper are from Amazon (I think a set was $46ish?) and the short light bar is from Rough Country ($120ish?). I used two off-road light wiring kits with relays to power them, and ran them through the firewall to a LightForce switch fascia kit that uses Toyota switches to turn them on an off. the lightForce switch fascia has provisions for three switches, and at the time I only needed two for lights, and I wanted more phone and electronics charging capabilities. So in the middle of the switch fascia I have a dual USB charging port. In the future, I may move this to inside the center console and add another switch for a chase light or rear rack lighting.
2020-11-11 14.42.59.jpg

2020-08-15 21.24.35.jpg

2020-11-11 14.41.17.jpg

2020-08-17 19.27.20.jpg

RangerVA

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I know! It needs more meat!!!!
Those knock-off traction boards won't hold up when you really need them. I've seen too many break, including even the Treads. The only ones that are truly reliable and functional are the Maxtrax. They are more money but there's no point in having recovery equipment that doesn't work. You wouldn't use a lower weighted winch on your truck, so might as well sell those boards and put them into your tires. You'll thank yourself later, and it would balance out your rig, be like adding more time for leg day at the gym :)

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Those knock-off traction boards won't hold up when you really need them. I've seen too many break, including even the Treads. The only ones that are truly reliable and functional are the Maxtrax. They are more money but there's no point in having recovery equipment that doesn't work. You wouldn't use a lower weighted winch on your truck, so might as well sell those boards and put them into your tires. You'll thank yourself later, and it would balance out your rig, be like adding more time for leg day at the gym :)
I've seen these boards in action! They aren't bad. Saw a couple nubs get spun off but no other damage. And the amount of money saved will go to those tires! ?

Verhiz

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Private Security
A few people have asked me questions about the bumper and the install, so I thought I'd make a thread so everyone can ask questions and answers can be shared.

The bumper came in a massive box, it sat on the very edge of the tailgate, everything was packaged very nicely and every piece of the bumper was in its own little box.

The install took me about 3 mornings to do, living in AZ I wanted to stay out of the heat. Everything is pretty straight forward, I found the instructions to be very good. I recommend using an engine hoist to fit the bumper, it makes it so much easier, and there is less risk of you damaging the paint on your truck. It could possibly be done without it, but you would need three people to do it, two to hold it and one to run the bolts through. Note that you have to mount the bumper, mark where to drill 4 holes, remove it, and mount it again, and the engine hoist really helps when you are trying to line everything up.

The wiring on the bumper is NOT plug and play, but its really not a big deal. The fog lights come with deutsch connectors, I opted to cut these off and use a standard H11 male head light connector so that I did not have to modify the harness from the truck. I bought the connectors from NAPA, part number HWH101, ($10ea), its a complete harness with with both male and female connectors, just cut it in half and use the male end, splice it into the ARB light. The indicator lights come with some clamp connectors, also pretty easy, you just need a test light to figure out which wire does what. I believe the truck side was green-ground, yellow-indicator, brown-running light, but double check.

One user said that they had to bend the wing panels that go under the bumper, I did not experience that, but I am only running a 275/70r17 tire, so I had no clearance issues.

I did not fit a winch at this time, and I do not have advanced cruise control so I cannot answer any questions on those, but anything else feel free to ask and I will try to answer to the best of my abilities.

And one more thing, I bought the bumper from Sierra Expeditions in Mesa AZ, great group of guys, I highly recommend them, I ordered the bumper on monday and had it in my possession on friday of the same week. Stage 3 motorsports told me that they couldn't even get one.

20200515_154149.jpg

20200515_191503.jpg

20200520_111636.jpg

20200522_130832.jpg
I’m having issues with the wiring for the indicator and running lights. What am I supposed to tie them into?

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I’m having issues with the wiring for the indicator and running lights. What am I supposed to tie them into?
I think they are supposed to wire into your turn signal lights
Sponsored