First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I don't find most attempts at humor funny. The best way to discourage participation is to poke fun at someone's serious question. What might be obvious to you may be problematic to someone else. I did adult mechanical training for 20 years and always made it a point to emphasize that there are no dumb questions. Early in my career I approached a boss with an inquiry about an electrical circuit, his reply was "boy, you been around here this long and don't know that". I never went to him for any advise after that.
I think most adults can tell the difference between friendly ribbing and outright douchebaggery.

Perhaps those who can't should find a safe space to retreat to.

Rocketeer61

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I think it's to help the transmission learn how to shift. Have you been noticing that it can't pick a gear? If so that must need plugging in.

Rocketeer61

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I think most adults can tell the difference between friendly ribbing and outright douchebaggery.

Perhaps those who can't should find a safe space to retreat to.
Actually, there are dumb questions. People ask them every day. Anyone who says different has never been in a meeting with that one guy who knows his question is is idiotic but asks it anyway so that he can hold the entire room hostage for the next 20 minutes while the boss talks in circles trying to answer it.
Sponsored