First Name
JEFF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger FX2 , 2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU,
Occupation
RETIRED
It's behind the drive side fuse panel cover with a little switch on the face of the cover and doesn't look like a factory install. The switch doesn't seem to do anything.

160BB0DE-AB4F-4362-9A4B-AC59655E774B.jpeg

8C07A2BF-DA94-4277-952C-3B2A03D96A76.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP

JHRODD

First Name
JEFF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RETIRED

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
tracker.
dealers in cohoots with many lenders put them on cars with or without consent from customers. berkshire hathaway is famous for this. in my area a string of dealers are BH dealers and every car that leaves the lots has the tracker. they also bust the aft end to try to make you finance with bh. Before i bought my r5g i was shopping mustangs and made a cash in full offer on one at a bh dealer. i saw the tracker system in the car and on the price sheet. went round and with them. turns out they would not only not remove it but refused to sell me the car without doing a loan from bh. told them to go pound sand of course.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
just to piss off the dealer id call ford customer care and tell them you found inferior wiring you feel is dangerous in your new truck. they will follow sop and say dealer dealer got to the dealer. take it to the ones that put that crap on the car. call ford customer care again and tell them the truck is at that dealer. wait till the dealer calls and says nothing wrong then send fcc pictures of clipped wires and holes they drilled and demand it be made back to factory perfect.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
tracker.
dealers in cohoots with many lenders put them on cars with or without consent from customers. berkshire hathaway is famous for this. in my area a string of dealers are BH dealers and every car that leaves the lots has the tracker. they also bust the aft end to try to make you finance with bh. Before i bought my r5g i was shopping mustangs and made a cash in full offer on one at a bh dealer. i saw the tracker system in the car and on the price sheet. went round and with them. turns out they would not only not remove it but refused to sell me the car without doing a loan from bh. told them to go pound sand of course.
Honest to god my brother once got into it with some sales guys about added stuff he wasn’t paying for. They pretty much said the same thing. Left the place and went to grocery store and bought a pound of salt in a box. Went back to the dealer with customers in the showroom and said I’ll buy that truck right now in cash if you pound that box of salt. Every customer was crying laughing. Sales guy left the floor as fast as he could.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Someone else on r5g had found a dealer added alarm or hidden tracker and shared what a pain it was to disable and remove. i cant remember who it was, im getting bad memory in my old age lol.

OP
OP

JHRODD

First Name
JEFF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RETIRED
This is the deal I made with the salesperson. This was a dealer ordered truck that was built and waiting on shipping. With no "ADM" I agreed to pay for a few of their junk add ons and I wasn't charged for the alarm system. The truck already has 2 factory alarm systems. I live on an Island and have never heard of a car being stolen. It might get borrowed if you leave your keys in it, which many do.......

"Stephanie,
I definitely don’t want the aftermarket security system installed on the truck in any way shape or form or the VTR etching. I can get along with the desert protection package, the exorbitant document fee, and the mystery “other fee”. So if you can see your way to remove the $229 VTR, and the $699 BT Karr security system I will buy the truck."
Sponsored

Last edited: