Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT CrewCab Fx4
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
My dealer put in an aftermarket alarm which had an obnoxious blinky light down there. I had them remove the alarm. some hidden part remained, and occasionally will beep at me for reasons unknown.

Bsthroop

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat 4x2 Sport
Occupation
Broadband/ Microwave Engineer
Is this a tracker? Yes it is, with sim card and battery, hopefully this stops my mystery alarm noise.

20221121_142249.jpg

20221121_145646.jpg

Last edited:

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Are there any repercussions with financing for removing a dealer added alarm/tracking/lojack or whatever. If the dealer says they added it to secure financing, then you take it off when you get home, what happens? Can they do anything legally because you removed it?
And why add a 3rd party alarm system? Doesn't the Ranger already have passive anti-theft?
If It wasn't disclosed over the applicant's signature as a condition of financing at the time the agreement was originated, there shouldn't be any reason it couldn't be removed or disabled by the customer.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
You'd have to read the fine print of your financing contract. There's probably a provision that the buyer won't alter or disable a financed vehicles "safety and security features" while the loan is active.

If removal were contrary to agreement. As a practical matter, it's unlikely a finance company would do much other than send a strong letter demanding the thing be reconnected. Perhaps charge a penalty fee if that were permitted as part of the contract.
But a moot point anyway provided the vehicle is being paid for on time.
I'd take the unit out and install it on a railroad locomotive or something- Sit for 8 days, then go 2 states, sit again then...

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
This is a device to release mice who have taken up residence in a Ranger...push the button and a trap door (the circular base for the button mount) opens and they scatter... :whew:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee