Anyone know what this button is for?

• Thread starter Deleted member 15875
  • Start date
  • Watchers 8
OP
OP

Deleted member 15875

We special ordered with the very first specific instructions to not install any dealer added BS. They did it all... security, etched glass, nitrogen filled tires, etc.

Security device was the same as yours and drilled into the lower panel. Wires wrapped around the hood cable. Sales blamed service while service blamed sales.

We didn't pay for any of it and had them remove the security crap and replace the panel. We did get to keep the cute little green valve stem caps. :rolleyes: Nitrogen did not last through many airing downs.

2022-11-16 19 57 17.png
What a racket.
Sponsored

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
many dealers do this crap and pass on the fee to the customer. they are actually double dipping it. they get paid to put those in. if it is a berkshire hathaway dealership one way or other your car comes with one. a way of thinking of it = if you are a cash buy or finance outside of the dealership then NO tracking add on crap should be on the car. if it is the dealer sold you a damaged unit. holes put in dash factory wiring chopped spliced and wrapped around moving parts...

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
We special ordered with the very first specific instructions to not install any dealer added BS. They did it all... security, etched glass, nitrogen filled tires, etc.

Security device was the same as yours and drilled into the lower panel. Wires wrapped around the hood cable. Sales blamed service while service blamed sales.

We didn't pay for any of it and had them remove the security crap and replace the panel. We did get to keep the cute little green valve stem caps. :rolleyes: Nitrogen did not last through many airing downs.

2022-11-16 19 57 17.png
I very specifically told my dealer when my truck comes in (special order) , they should not add anything to the vehicle to include dealer stickers, license plate frames or anything like that. If it's not on my build sheet, don't even think about it. Also don't wash the thing, only remove just enough plastics to make it drivable.

We'll see how well that works when it arrives...

Skit hjälm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hilux, Ranger, Landcruiser,
Sadly that sort of added crap is pretty common.
Many Dealers pay some wrench potato piecework to install so obviously its not going to be nicely done.
At this point damage has been done and aside from quality repair job, pretty much nothing can be done to restore as oem wiring harness.
At least where the wiring is molested, Its dry and low vibration area.
Btw,
You might inspect a bit further for other molestations or add on's.
You may find a hidden GPS tracker/ disabler too.
Dealers are known to install those things to benefit to the Financing Agency.
But said that,
I dunno, but 100% plausable Ford Pass can serve that 3rd party monitoring purpose too rendering an add-on tracker moot.
But aftermarket GPS are commonly installed to vehicles what don't have an OEM GPS & telemetry system.
If the vehicle wasn't financed, they just dont monitor it. But its still connected hidden in the car drawing power and its crappy wiring connections waiting for that fateful day.

Last edited:

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I very specifically told my dealer when my truck comes in (special order) , they should not add anything to the vehicle to include dealer stickers, license plate frames or anything like that. If it's not on my build sheet, don't even think about it. Also don't wash the thing, only remove just enough plastics to make it drivable.

We'll see how well that works when it arrives...
Hey John - good call, because you know for sure they don’t have a tire and wheel bucket and will be dragging a gritty RV brush across every single panel.

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
Hey John - good call, because you know for sure they don’t have a tire and wheel bucket and will be dragging a gritty RV brush across every single panel.
Fear not, I already have my quote if I need to charge them back for my time getting the swirls and scratches out of the brand new paint...

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
From the lot. Yes, I wouldn't be pleased if I ordered it, but somehow being on the lot, I'm not upset other than the fact this it's a shady practice.
You might want to check how they spliced into the factory wiring before you let them off the hook. Some people have posted pictures of hack jobs that look like I did it.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
Are there any repercussions with financing for removing a dealer added alarm/tracking/lojack or whatever. If the dealer says they added it to secure financing, then you take it off when you get home, what happens? Can they do anything legally because you removed it?
And why add a 3rd party alarm system? Doesn't the Ranger already have passive anti-theft?

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
drat, I was hoping it was for a missile launcher to clear away problem drivers ...
Aren't you a frog, weapons are icky to your kind aren't they ;)
Sponsored