First Name
Wally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Baking
I don't find most attempts at humor funny. The best way to discourage participation is to poke fun at someone's serious question. What might be obvious to you may be problematic to someone else. I did adult mechanical training for 20 years and always made it a point to emphasize that there are no dumb questions. Early in my career I approached a boss with an inquiry about an electrical circuit, his reply was "boy, you been around here this long and don't know that". I never went to him for any advise after that.
Sometimes you just gotta let the sheep carry on… And sometimes you gotta exchange humility for knowledge. Thanks
Sponsored

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Any ideas what this connection is? Is it stock?

C97C1FBF-2F45-4154-8258-C163A9983654.jpeg

53497C16-F795-457F-A41F-6E57F6A2FB70.jpeg
Yep. Like the others said, it's for the rear defroster. You can see where it plugs in in the first picture. When I had my rear window tinted, the tint guy ripped the male tab off of the window and broke the copper underneath of it. He did that on both sides. I didn't realize that until I took it to my local Ford dealer to find out why my rear defroster wasn't working and they told me the reason. They put it in to Ford and to our surprise it was covered so I got a new window out of it. I told them not to plug in the defrosters when they had the new window installed which they obliged. When I went back to my tint guy, I showed him the error of his ways. He gave me another tint job for half off on the rear window. I then plugged it in myself and everything is good to go. So lesson learned, if you want to get your rear window tinted, unplug that yourself the proper way and you won't tear it, or tell your tint guy/gal to cut a slit around it. FYI, they make repair kits I see on Amazon., but I read sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. It would not have worked on mine because they were torn too bad.

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Don't believe Phil, what does he know about Ford Rangers. :crackup: It is the connection for the flux capacitor.
You guys think you know it all. Most everyone knows it's for the double fritzinator and the thingamajig!

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Who cares what the cable is for...why isn't anyone asking what that "spade" thingy is attached to the rear glass!!!??? ?

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
put a step up transformer between it and the male blade
should be able to cook eggs on the back window while overlanding.
But, only if the truck is heading on a 89.8 - 90.5 degree down slope!?‍?

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Who cares what the cable is for...why isn't anyone asking what that "spade" thingy is attached to the rear glass!!!??? ?
Vaccination tracker and maskification verifier

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I was like, you're holding up a female plug next to a male spade and you're asking???
1626986863664.png

Robert Elmore

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 2019 Lincoln MKZ
Vehicle Showcase
Most of you wise asses couldn't pass a basic electronics quiz but want to make fun of a guy whose lack of knowledge makes you feel somehow superior. At least a coup[e of folks have given a serious answer. If your goal in life is to make yourself feel better at someone else's expense, it says loads about you. I'm sure you can all figure frequency at resonance of an RLC circuit without looking up the formula; being the geniuses that you try to appear to be. I feel it's better to share what knowledge you have than to try to crush someone with it because of whatever your reason. I had hopes this forum was just for that purpose, but it appears it's loaded with wannabe clowns.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Most of you wise asses couldn't pass a basic electronics quiz but want to make fun of a guy whose lack of knowledge makes you feel somehow superior. At least a coup[e of folks have given a serious answer. If your goal in life is to make yourself feel better at someone else's expense, it says loads about you. I'm sure you can all figure frequency at resonance of an RLC circuit without looking up the formula; being the geniuses that you try to appear to be. I feel it's better to share what knowledge you have than to try to crush someone with it because of whatever your reason. I had hopes this forum was just for that purpose, but it appears it's loaded with wannabe clowns.

This isn't meant as an attack on you but since you've felt the need to come back again and post this I feel the need to say my piece.

First off there wasn't one rude comment made and the OP had his answer by the second post. No one made fun of him or made him feel belittled and if he (or you) took it that way that's on you for taking that way. Plus you're the one calling us "wannabe clowns" so pot meet kettle!

Second you need to lighten up as life is way to short to be serious all the time. If you can't handle a little fun on forums maybe they're just not for you. This one is one of the best ones I've ever been on and trust me I've been on many.

I think I can speak for most here that we don't need/want a forum that's to heavily moderated. The Mods here do a great job at letting everyone work things out for themselves and step in when needed. I don't think they would stand for anyone who was constantly criticizing or belittling others and there are some who were and are not with us anymore. Do some posts go off topic and get a little carried away, sure they do but it's all in good fun.
You want to see people get belittled, criticized and made fun of take a hike over to Tacoma World.

Third you don't need to be an electronics wizard to see where this goes. It couldn't be more obvious as it's a female end hanging and inch away from a male end with absolutely nothing else in sight. If this were hanging in the engine bay or under the dash near the fuse box I could see the confusion but common sense tells you where it plugs in.

Robert Elmore

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 2019 Lincoln MKZ
Vehicle Showcase
This isn't meant as an attack on you but since you've felt the need to come back again and post this I feel the need to say my piece.

First off there wasn't one rude comment made and the OP had his answer by the second post. No one made fun of him or made him feel belittled and if he (or you) took it that way that's on you for taking that way. Plus you're the one calling us "wannabe clowns" so pot meet kettle!

Second you need to lighten up as life is way to short to be serious all the time. If you can't handle a little fun on forums maybe they're just not for you. This one is one of the best ones I've ever been on and trust me I've been on many.

I think I can speak for most here that we don't need/want a forum that's to heavily moderated. The Mods here do a great job at letting everyone work things out for themselves and step in when needed. I don't think they would stand for anyone who was constantly criticizing or belittling others and there are some who were and are not with us anymore. Do some posts go off topic and get a little carried away, sure they do but it's all in good fun.
You want to see people get belittled, criticized and made fun of take a hike over to Tacoma World.

Third you don't need to be an electronics wizard to see where this goes. It couldn't be more obvious as it's a female end hanging and inch away from a male end with absolutely nothing else in sight. If this were hanging in the engine bay or under the dash near the fuse box I could see the confusion but common sense tells you where it plugs in.
When a person says this isn't meant to be an attack on you, you know you are about to be attacked. I come to this site to learn and share information about my Ranger. I have learned a lot and have followed up with some minor mods to my truck. Reading through mindless "humorous" answers doesn't help me at all. It just seems like there is a contest going on to see who can be the most childish with a humorous answer. I don't want a moderated forum either. People should be able to be obnoxious if they want to. That is what makes America as great as it is. I installed my tailgate damper and it didn't give me more mpg or make my truck go faster as some of the more humous on this site claimed. I'll continue to follow the threads and just smile when I come to post by the comedians among us. I doubt I'll be asking any questions.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Editorializing, I would point out that there seem to be many "rage-lizers" with out much forum involvement before posting such.

It is noted, that the past few months wherein posts like Mr. Elmore's berate anyone/comment not technically nor exactly in line with the OP, but the OP question was ack'd or answered more then once unless so totally obvious it only got one response, one has to wonder why so many rage poster's account's were created to be unresponsive to "forum life" until such time as this and whether the Krell-like mental capacity, so casually thrown in everyone's face, truly is.

Dave's (AzScorpion) response quite correctly points out the great majority of forum response and the people behind those responses have many disparate backgrounds, experience and ideologies. But, for the most part, responses are measured, appropriate and "some" knowledge is exchanged, as well as, humor...sometimes.

One can posit the example of just retired forum resident engineer( @P. A. Schilke ) much knowledge was exchanged to the forum members and not with any belittlement or aggrandizing in his many thousands of posts while active.

After all, words have meaning...whether intentional or not.