Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Crew Cab Sport 4WD
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Good grief, I would have explained the antenna to just break
Fortunately it appears they are held on light enough to avoid major roof issues. I was backing out unfortunately.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

Crow_of_judgement

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 ranger screw lariat
Occupation
Parks and recreation maintenance

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Do you notice any reception issues with fm radio? Shelly is the only truck I've ever had that's been able to pick up my alternate rock station at my farm and I'd hate to loose that
I don't have one because my garage is newer and even with 32's and a lift I still have plenty of room. I remember some saying they've had issues with certain stations. I think it'll depend on the distance you are from the station(s) you're trying to pull in. I'd just buy it and try it out because at least Amazon will let you return it free if it doesn't work for you.

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
Do you notice any reception issues with fm radio? Shelly is the only truck I've ever had that's been able to pick up my alternate rock station at my farm and I'd hate to loose that
You'll likely lose some.

When I had mine, I lost reception to several stations, so I put the OEM one back on.

OP
OP
Seminole2001

Seminole2001

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Crew Cab Sport 4WD
Occupation
Graphic Designer

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
That sucks Jason, but definitely could have been worse. Glad you're okay at least ;)

How short are you people's garages?

I have a standard garage, a lifted Ranger on 33"s and still have plenty of clearance.
My house burned down in November so I moved into a rental. After reading how many on here need stubbie antennas or don't fit in the garage at all, I was a little worried my lifted and big tire Ranger wouldn't fit in the attached garage, but was pleasantly surprised that it was close but cleared. First time I backed in, I was holding my phone out the window using it like a mirror to check for clearance.

I just measured, and I have 83 & 3/4 to the rubber gasket, and less than 1/2" clearance over my antenna.

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
An inopportune closing of the garage may have occurred. No family members have been harmed.
I've closed my garage door onto my roof a couple times myself...

My roof could use some buffing heh.

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
Good grief, I would have explained the antenna to just break
I've explained things to my cars before but they never listen and just do what they want.

I know spell check got ya, but it's funny anyway.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
That sucks Jason, but definitely could have been worse. Glad you're okay at least ;)

My house burned down in November so I moved into a rental. After reading how many on here need stubbie antennas or don't fit in the garage at all, I was a little worried my lifted and big tire Ranger wouldn't fit in the attached garage, but was pleasantly surprised that it was close but cleared. First time I backed in, I was holding my phone out the window using it like a mirror to check for clearance.

I just measured, and I have 83 & 3/4 to the rubber gasket, and less than 1/2" clearance over my antenna.
Same here.

I didn't worry about it when zi bought the truck. But when I came home after my lift, and then again with after adding tires, I was a bit cautious.

Sorry about the house. Hope all is well now.
Sponsored