Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
You laugh, but my old car antenna use to always hit the cord and handle that hangs down from the Garage Door Opener. Every time I would back in it would go BOING and scare the crap out of me.

How on earth could I possibly be backing in with that kind of precision that it takes to hit a handle on a cord that is 3" wide by 1/2" thick? Still I managed to do it with amazing regularity. Eventually I cut that cord off.

Problem solved.
I guess you havent heard that burglars use that cord to get into the garage, it should always be removed. ?
Sponsored

4lowphoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT
Occupation
Photographer/ Graphic Designer
I took mine off. It does not effect Sirius and had only noticed on some FM that stations are far away.

Mark W

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Can you adjust your garage door to go a little higher? Had the same issue getting in and out of my garage at. Oth the cabin and house. Adjusted the doors to go a little higher and all is good now. Adjusting the doors was very easy. Took more time getting the ladder out than making the adjustment.

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Can you adjust your garage door to go a little higher? Had the same issue getting in and out of my garage at. Oth the cabin and house. Adjusted the doors to go a little higher and all is good now. Adjusting the doors was very easy. Took more time getting the ladder out than making the adjustment.
In my case I could probably adjust how far back my door goes by another few inches. But I took the lazy route and just the put on the 2 inch antenna instead. Plus I figure it would be more sturdy if I go through a car wash and eliminate the need to remove it first. Also some parking garages around here these days have lower clearance so I just went with the easiest, less have to think about it option short of just removing the 8 inch antenna and plugging the hole. :)

Last edited:

GaryMc

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat RWD, 2019 Lincoln Nautilus
Occupation
Retired
Welcome to Arizona where 70% of the state has no cell coverage and 40% doesn't even get FM broadcast radio. When you get off the pavement here you literally step back to 1934 real quick. We even have entire towns that aren't paved and you can't take a paved road to get to them.

There will be no streaming. There will be no FM Radio. It's Satellite, AM Radio, or your MP3/Apple List.
PLUS, I'm guessing 60% of the stations you CAN get are Spanish language stations if it's anything like it is here in rural Texas!!

Whiskeybilt

First Name
Jamison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger
Occupation
chef
Any links to the 2 inch one? What a stupid place for an antenna.

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
I took mine off. It does not effect Sirius and had only noticed on some FM that stations are far away.
Yep. Took mine off too. I literally never listen to over the air radio. I put a Stainless Steel bolt with a nylon washer to keep water out.
The guys at the car wash I use are always using a step ladder to reach the antenna. Now there is no chance one of them will have and “accident”.
Sponsored