First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
To sum it up, 6" won't fit in the garage but gets good reception and 2" fits in the garage but doesn't perform.
Sponsored

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2019 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
you know....I was just gonna call you "pigs," but I half expected replies like this. Regardless, you drive a Ranger, so all is well. I do appreciate the non-out advice, though?
Awwwww, come on... your profile says you have a Tacoma..... :handsinair::p

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
And I'm thinking about putting up a 48" Ham Radio Antenna. Here you guys are debating 2" or 4". :crackup:

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Now someone will want Ford to provide one that limps down or erects up with a push of a button. An alternate solution to the OP,s original problem is to cut a slot in the door. ? ??

tgRanger

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat, 1988 Mustang GT, 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited
Vehicle Showcase

Traneman

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX 4x4
The dealer put a 2" on mine, and wasn't get much for reception on some of the station, I ended up getting a 4" and then I am getting good reception for mine.

OP
OP
Anne

Anne

First Name
Anne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Ranger
Awwwww, come on... your profile says you have a Tacoma..... :handsinair::p
Here is the scoop. I was wanting to buy my 5th Ranger so badly, but I only saw the 2019s in pictures, and I hated the front end downward slope. So, I regrettably bought a Tacoma and wicked hated not having the Ford logo on my truck, and quite simply hated the Tacoma. Saw the Ranger in person, and I traded it in for a HOT pepper red XLT chrome pkg, loved the truck, except for the antenna (haha). Last week I put a down payment on a 2020 Race red Ranger, bc that is my color! Payments are gonna kill me! I will post a pic of it if I can figure out how to do so. No hard feelings. No comments about the word hard PLEASE?

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I will post a pic of it if I can figure out how to do so.
To post a picture just click that little landscape icon at the top of where you make a post. It is the one left of the the smile icon. Then you can choose a picture from your computer to add it to your post.

Also I just ordered the 2 inch antenna yesterday from Amazon. Should arrive tomorrow. I just don't like the look of the factory antenna. Plus it is a close fit with the height of my garage door anyway.

tgRanger

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat, 1988 Mustang GT, 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited
Vehicle Showcase
The dealer put a 2" on mine, and wasn't get much for reception on some of the station, I ended up getting a 4" and then I am getting good reception for mine.
If I’m correct the antenna Is only for AM/FM Radio. I haven’t listened to either in years. It also may have to do with the reception where you live.

OP
OP
Anne

Anne

First Name
Anne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Ranger
To post a picture just click that little landscape icon at the top of where you make a post. It is the one left of the the smile icon. Then you can choose a picture from your computer to add it to your post.
Thank you, Augie81. Will try when I pick up my new truck!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

Also I just ordered the 2 inch antenna yesterday from Amazon. Should arrive tomorrow. I just don't like the look of the factory antenna. Plus it is a close fit with the height of my garage door anyway.
You can also insert them by clicking the Attach files on the bottom left. A drop down will appear and give you choices from where to attach them from whether it's your computer,iCloud,Dropbox or a thumb drive if you have pictures on it.

Traneman

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX 4x4
If I’m correct the antenna Is only for AM/FM Radio. I haven’t listened to either in years. It also may have to do with the reception where you live.
Yes, it's for the radio. Lot of our local radio towers are south of here, and been week at times due to the growing skyscrapers downtown.
Sponsored