ANOTHER Towing TT Thread! IBEX 19MBH

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Just wanted to report back here and thank everyone for there input, opinion, and experience.

I decided to err to the side of caution, to allow for more 'ceiling' to our load, and try to optimize our rig for the rigors of a long haul vacation (and beyond) by down stepping to the TT I just purchased this afternoon. It took some convincing to do that and accepting what I ought over what I (we) wanted but in the end I am feeling SO much more comfortable with this decision.

I landed on the GeoPro 19BH trailer which I was aware of for some time and in my area I have just not seen on a lot available for purchase until I made a call this morning on a whim and found this unit which was purchased but never claimed by the purchaser so they put it back up for sale.

Very excited to pick her up in the coming weeks and start prepping for the springtime excursions!

So where did this land me juxtaposed against the above:

The Camper is an GeoPro 19BH
  • 20’ 2” Bumper to Hitch
  • Dry Weight is listed at 3220 lbs
  • Hitch Weight is listed at 411 lbs
  • GVWR is 4311 lbs
  • I (over) estimated 750 lbs of ’STUFF’
  • *Single Axel
So with those parameters assumed / figured and using the Towing Capacity Worksheet I am coming out to:
  • 95% of allowable Trailer GVWR *I anticipate sharing the load more with vehicle with reduced size unit to open headroom on this*
  • 76.82% of allowable GCVWR
  • 551 lbs UNDER Tow Vehicle GVWR (Truck + Cargo + Passengers + Hitch Weigh

PXL_20210206_214611261.MP.jpg

PXL_20210206_214629655.MP.jpg
Almost identical to my first one. It was a much nicer pull than the current one. I only wished it had two axles, but that was just because I’m weird. Nice trailer either way, congratulations, now go book campsites (no joke, they fill up 6mos in advance where I’m at)
Sponsored

OP
OP
ControlOnlyYourself
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT / FX4
Almost identical to my first one. It was a much nicer pull than the current one. I only wished it had two axles, but that was just because I’m weird. Nice trailer either way, congratulations, now go book campsites (no joke, they fill up 6mos in advance where I’m at)
On it! I created a google map already and have pinned about 50 parks along our path. the 'work' of getting the home away from home is over... this is the fun stuff! My wife was understandably disappointed we went down a size but I think the tasks of organizing and filling it full of our stuff and planning an adventure has turned her around. It is ALMOST like I planned it that way.... ?

OP
OP
ControlOnlyYourself
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT / FX4
Looks like a nice trailer! Congrats...
Thank you! The kids are excited which is a huge reward for sure. My daughter (3 yo) calls this the 'smiley camper' because apparently the front decals looks like a smile to her. I suppose that makes the windshield a cyclops eye? not sure...

Leftcoast

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Crewcab
Just wanted to report back here and thank everyone for there input, opinion, and experience.

I decided to err to the side of caution, to allow for more 'ceiling' to our load, and try to optimize our rig for the rigors of a long haul vacation (and beyond) by down stepping to the TT I just purchased this afternoon. It took some convincing to do that and accepting what I ought over what I (we) wanted but in the end I am feeling SO much more comfortable with this decision.

I landed on the GeoPro 19BH trailer which I was aware of for some time and in my area I have just not seen on a lot available for purchase until I made a call this morning on a whim and found this unit which was purchased but never claimed by the purchaser so they put it back up for sale.

Very excited to pick her up in the coming weeks and start prepping for the springtime excursions!

So where did this land me juxtaposed against the above:

The Camper is an GeoPro 19BH
  • 20’ 2” Bumper to Hitch
  • Dry Weight is listed at 3220 lbs
  • Hitch Weight is listed at 411 lbs
  • GVWR is 4311 lbs
  • I (over) estimated 750 lbs of ’STUFF’
  • *Single Axel
So with those parameters assumed / figured and using the Towing Capacity Worksheet I am coming out to:
  • 95% of allowable Trailer GVWR *I anticipate sharing the load more with vehicle with reduced size unit to open headroom on this*
  • 76.82% of allowable GCVWR
  • 551 lbs UNDER Tow Vehicle GVWR (Truck + Cargo + Passengers + Hitch Weigh

PXL_20210206_214611261.MP.jpg

PXL_20210206_214629655.MP.jpg
I think that's a wise move. I'd be curious to see CAT scale numbers once you're loaded for the road. Congrats.

Rviator

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A 2019 Ford Ranger of course, and a 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
Occupation
retired aerospace engineer
Vehicle Showcase
On it! I created a google map already and have pinned about 50 parks along our path. the 'work' of getting the home away from home is over... this is the fun stuff! My wife was understandably disappointed we went down a size but I think the tasks of organizing and filling it full of our stuff and planning an adventure has turned her around. It is ALMOST like I planned it that way.... ?
Corell dishware is your friend, the regular stuff will chip and you don't need any cushioning between the plates, etc. I assume Corell is still sold and it's far better than plastic.

BowWow

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
I would suggest not filling your fresh water tank unless you know you're going to be dry camping for a few days. You'll save a bunch of weight. If you'll be at serviced campsites most of the way you won't need water in that tank.

Groo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020
Occupation
Gainfully umployed 5 Pointed Star
Groo here
Many people Seem to think that you need to account for the fresh,gray and black tanks as full.
Unless you are strange, the weight will be TRANSFERED from the fresh water tank to the others.
Also unless you resupply,, the weight of food will EQUALIZE too...
The biggest reason to stay with factory weights is for DOT....
The trucks can haul/pull way more than that physically with no problem.
The problem is also Freeways and people who think they need to drive 10 or more over loaded.
I have a "few "miles with a trailer [horse trailers since I was 15 [now 65] and 10 years as a fuel hauler] and the biggest problem is the dude behind the wheel]
Once rolling , the biggest strain on the truck is the size and shape of the front of the trailer.
Flat bad-rounded or sloped good.
As most all heaver trailers have their own breaks [much better than the old stuff]
things are much better.
Just slow down [55 or at most 65] with the big stuff and don't worry about being run over,
as long as you are above the legal minimum [usually 45 on the freeway] the dot or POPO
will side with you...
Also 30+ years as a 5 Pointed Star

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
Yup - I already found access to one and the first load up I am gong to take it in and get a fix on it. Thank you!
We are also looking at GeoPro 19BH or something similar in size. Please update
when you can. I have never pulled & we're looking at this for retirement.
Seems the only issue is fuel & needing to stop every 2 hrs but I think a nature break
will be welcome & time will be of no concern for us. We did camping with the
motorcycle & later with just a small tent with no planning/issues but I think this will require a little more planning.

Groo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020
Occupation
Gainfully umployed 5 Pointed Star
Groo here
Near as I can get the ranger burns about 4 gal an hour,, about 3.5 hrs per tank with reserves
[ I use to fly] average.
More than 3 hrs requires a brake anyway.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
I get about 180-200 miles on a tank with my setup driving 55-65 max. It’s not quite enough, but I’m still fairly young compared to some on this thread.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you! The kids are excited which is a huge reward for sure. My daughter (3 yo) calls this the 'smiley camper' because apparently the front decals looks like a smile to her. I suppose that makes the windshield a cyclops eye? not sure...
I thought the same thing when I saw the pictures - it does look like it is smiling. I think it was happy you bought it. Definitely not a cyclops, Rosie from the Jetsons maybe.

39D6A68F-27C0-4EB2-8DB8-A3098B854FE6.jpeg
Sponsored