Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
the day Phil retired it all went downhill
Unfortunately that seems to be the way of the world now. Once the really good guys retire the ones following in their footsteps are mostly useless.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
I'm cheap frugal so I just shut the door to the first click and pocketed $100. ?
And...sez the guy who is buying a $55k mod-grade for his $50k ranger...?

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
I'm cheap frugal so I just shut the door to the first click and pocketed $100. ?
Frugal.? Really? Ugh... you are the guy that expects keyless entry to be "std" equipment.

OP
OP
CHS

CHS

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Ruby) 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat 4X4
Occupation
retired
problem is, they package them with other items i want/dont want in a package that adds thousands of dollars
Not if it's ordered correctly.
I have the base Lariat package. It has many of the upper end stuff like leather seating, upgraded dash screen ( I noticed the XLT does not have the backup lines on screen when in reverse) but not off road or tow package, both I do not need. So the MSRP was 42,010
(I paid a little over 36)
I disabled the double honk in FORSCAN a while back but reverted it because doing so disabled the door from locking whenever I exited with the keys. I don't know if it was a fluke with my truck or not. Just my experience with it. I ultimately enabled it again. Better safe than sorry.
It looks when you exit with keys? Is that when it's running and shut off?
Never knew that.

NedKelly

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Emergency Communications Dispatcher
Mine locks the door and double honks whenever the vehicle is running and I exit with the keys in my pocket. It doesn't, to my knowledge, do it when it's shut off, unless it has a time delay, but I am kind of anal about locking my truck, so I may not give it a chance if it does.

Reactions: CHS

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
What I've taken to doing is just leaving the door open, or not letting it close fully.

Works since I don't care enough to learn ForScan.

Reactions: CHS

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Solved...

Carry all your non-auto keys on a separate key chain. Works for me anyways.
This is my solution. Quick release separateable key chain:
download (2).jpeg

KNI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 2021
I believe that engineers who put annoying honking to cars should have their CEO locked up for life without possibility for a parole.

After a few of 'em, the information that it's annoying, might trickle to designers.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I believe that engineers who put annoying honking to cars should have their CEO locked up for life without possibility for a parole.

After a few of 'em, the information that it's annoying, might trickle to designers.
At least the other "nanny" features can be turned off inside the menu on the dash. Why this one (which is one of the most annoying ones) can't is beyond me?

TremorOwner

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Baffles me that Ford doesn't have a setting where you can turn this off. Like... why not?

Is there some government regulation regarding fuel consumption requiring a warning I'm not aware of?

My Mustang did this but I wasn't apprehensive about having that taken out since I was modifying the engine and the tune anyway. This truck I really would like to avoid warranty degradation, haha.

slowmachine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler, waiting for a Ranger PHEV
Baffles me that Ford doesn't have a setting where you can turn this off. Like... why not?

Is there some government regulation regarding fuel consumption requiring a warning I'm not aware of?

My Mustang did this but I wasn't apprehensive about having that taken out since I was modifying the engine and the tune anyway. This truck I really would like to avoid warranty degradation, haha.
One possible “why not” is the Auto Stop Start feature that is enabled by default. Inattentive drivers may not be aware that the truck is still “running” even though the engine is “paused.”

TremorOwner

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
One possible “why not” is the Auto Stop Start feature that is enabled by default. Inattentive drivers may not be aware that the truck is still “running” even though the engine is “paused.”
But... when you get out of the car and, in turn, let off the brake the engine starts.

And my Mustang was a stick shift... didn't have auto-start/stop.

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
The ASS is disabled when the vehicle is in park.

RBMAN

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I'm fairly new on this site and do a lot of lurking. I see a lot of good info that I can apply, but would like to add a few observations. First, the double honk when getting out while vehicle was still running was annoying and I was trying to see how to disable it. I googled it and a ranger5g site came up. Probably old news since the last comment was May 2020, but maybe some more newbies may want to know. One member recommended a Forscan program to delete it and possible edit other features. Another recommended a simpler option which was to leave the key inside before you exit. I have keyless start and that option worked for me. Also, the doors will not lock with fob inside, so it works for me and my Ranger. Secondly, I noticed my Ranger doesn't handle country roads very well. I'm from Nebraska and we have a lot of gravel roads. I used to have a F-150 2500 miles ago and it could handle them at pretty much any speed I wanted to go. This truck I found I better keep it to the speed limit of 50 mph or lower because when it hits the washboards or undulations or whatever you call those little humps in the road it starts to go sideways and gets a little scary! Any ideas to solve the issue?
Sponsored