First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Right. Probably one of those things that in 4 months you won't even care. There is a little dimple in my drivers door right in the corner of the window. I know full well it's part of manufacturing, but when the sun catches it just right it bugs me. I'll get over it. ;)
Sponsored

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
UPDATE:
I took my Ranger in for the issues I wrote about in post #124.
  • They peeled the dealer decal off for me. It was one of this types with individual letters and icons. I am "paint-a-cidal;" I damage whatever is painted or needs paint. If it is on paint, I will damage whatever it is along with the paint; tape stripes, stickers, either in the application or removal or both.
  • Shout out to Hudson Ford, Hudson, WI. They must have one of the most state of the art service write-up bays in the country, if not the world. Maybe they have some kind of AI wifi that recognizes software bugs as soon as you drive in and corrects them in the background. I checked my bright-dim feature on the Sync3 screen before I left home- it was still greyed out & nonfunctional. I drove into the write-up bay, and when I tried to show the service writer what it wasn't doing, it magically started working properly, and has been ever since, even after the Sync3 update I did over home wifi (~28hrs uninterrupted) later.
  • Debris in paint: Turned out to be overspray from the factory installed spray-in bedliner. Ford MAP sends it out after assembly to an upfitter for the bedliners. Buffed out easily; "We've seen this before."
  • Found the menu to turn off the "Check cabin for children (or Hyundai rodents)" warning, and Mislock.
I'm very happy with the truck so far; 2100 miles since May 5th. and we're about to leave on another trip, this time up to the Minnesota Arrowhead for Memorial Day.

Bad Jones for Sven 'n' Ole's Pizza!

evoaire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
9.5” Redwing
Foot binding was the Chinese custom of breaking and tightly binding the feet of young girls in order to change their shape and size. Feet altered by foot binding were known as lotus feet, and the shoes made for these feet were known as lotus shoes. In late imperial China, bound feet were considered a status symbol and a mark of beauty. However, foot binding was a painful practice that limited the mobility of women and resulted in lifelong disabilities.

07BD97B1-E540-46B8-B199-CEB854B7E536.jpeg

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Having had my new Ranger one week , 2 things that annoy me
1 shutting off the damn shut off switch every time i drive
2 going from gas pedal to brake pedal top of shoe gets kinda hung up on lower dash plastic
Anyone else notice these? Thanks
I drive without shoes...they cause me the same issues...

s-l1000.jpg

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Oh thank God I read that wrong. I thought you said without clothes before I put my glasses on. :surprised:
Shoes, clothes...sounds the same...you probably saw the clown shoes without your glasses and thought they were bras... ?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Shoes, clothes...sounds the same...you probably saw the clown shoes without your glasses and thought they were bras... ?
Those are some mighty big.....feet you have. ?

Craig

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Having had my new Ranger one week , 2 things that annoy me
1 shutting off the damn shut off switch every time i drive
2 going from gas pedal to brake pedal top of shoe gets kinda hung up on lower dash plastic
Anyone else notice these? Thanks
Please search, you will find a solution

steig

First Name
Steig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Engineer
Would have been nice to have shift P,R,N,D light up on console when lights are on.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
Would have been nice to have shift P,R,N,D light up on console when lights are on.
The strip lights up but there's no indication of what gear you're in except for the location of the shifter. I was expecting a red bar or something.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
I have to say the Stop/Start is pretty smooth, and I tried to get used to it. But my brain thinks the engine stalled. Also, the AC compressor stops, which is not ideal in Fla heat.
Bingo I thought the exact same thing! I am old enough that I do not trust an engine I cannot hear lol. First time I drove a car with the auto stop start thing and then engine shut off I was like oh #$%^ this car just broke down. I am used to it now but still kinda wish it was never invented.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
The strip lights up but there's no indication of what gear you're in except for the location of the shifter. I was expecting a red bar or something.
The 2020 and newer strip no longer has a light. However, they not only light the door lock buttons, but include amber leds to let you know they're locked.

Garage door opener for 2022 is now only available in the Lariat 501A high package- used to be standard in Lariat.

Last edited:

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
The 2020 and newer strip no longer has a light. However, they not only light the door lock buttons, but include amber leds to let you know they're locked.
My 2019 has amber leds.
Sponsored