An easy quick question

Mustang2Ranger

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat-FX4,4X4,White Platinum; 06 Escape
Sorry for more questions Garrett. Trying to understand what I should avoid. Granted I have a set of Wildpeaks for off-road but sometimes I might just have to go out on hankooks. What was the PSI? and was it rocky sharp terrain?
No worries, wildpeaks have a little more sidewall protection. Nittos were a bit better. I was going through a little rock garden of tennis ball sized rocks, 25psi
Sponsored

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
No worries, wildpeaks have a little more sidewall protection. Nittos were a bit better. I was going through a little rock garden of tennis ball sized rocks, 25psi
Appreciate the insight and experience. Helps a lot. I don't think I have many trails around here with little rock gardens. But good to know for further off-road trips.

2020FRL

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2014 Harley Tri Glide
Occupation
Retired
White letters out is good on Platinum White with polished wheels

229C6AAA-25FA-4AC7-A7B7-259F474B91AF.jpeg

7E70E2C8-FC86-4FF8-B5F7-BEE1C7565BA9.jpeg

I agree ... the OWL look good on a white truck ... when new or maintained ... I just don't like spending the time to clean the white and black. I like to drive it ... no so much wash it ... LOL ... We have a drive in wash (touches automated) that adds Ceramic protectant to near the end .... truck looks and stays looking pretty good ... one a year I pay $150 to a friend that has a mobile detailing biz. So once a year, Jenifer looks better than she did when I bought her (she was purchased used).

66F100

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2WD XLT SCAB
Occupation
Lineman
Nah brother, if they are still running black wheels after all these years we can certainly bring back white letter tires if we want. :)
I like OWL, I'm I the weird one on this site?
I am a big fan of raised white letters especially on a thicker sidewall. I also like white walls on classic cars and trucks.
My 66 F100 has 15" steel wheels and raised white letter tires.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
It is called OWL because the white lettering is on the outside

If you don't like the look you will have to have the dealer or a tire shop switch them around. To my knowledge they can't specify that on the order to the factory

I drove with them for 10k miles and when I popped a tire on the sidewall, switched to Nittos
Not really.

OWL means Outlined White Letters.

Not outside.

My new tires are mounted OWL on the inside since it would look stupid showing.

DanaBovender

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
From the Florida Panhandle Residing in Germany
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Gov Employee
I agree ... the OWL look good on a white truck ... when new or maintained ... I just don't like spending the time to clean the white and black. I like to drive it ... no so much wash it ... LOL ... We have a drive in wash (touches automated) that adds Ceramic protectant to near the end .... truck looks and stays looking pretty good ... one a year I pay $150 to a friend that has a mobile detailing biz. So once a year, Jenifer looks better than she did when I bought her (she was purchased used).
Wesley's Bleach White, or a cheap spray bottle of OxyClean and water works great and takes about 5 minutes, sometimes a bit more if I need to use a brush. I had our truck Ceramic Coated and hit it every third wash with a pump spray topcoat and it still looks amazing. Literally I wash the truck with water most of the time and everything just rinses off.

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger fx2 and a 2019 Subaru Outback
Occupation
medical
id rather have the white inside but it doesnt bother me enough to pay someone to remount them but the next set will be white letters in .... unless I forgot to tell them then we'll catch it on the 3rd set
Sponsored