Post Quick Lane Report...Wheel Well Liner and Inop Auto Window Up/Down

rausa64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Greetings all,

Just wanted to pass along a couple of items from my Works Package and battery replacement.

As (unfortunately) expected, the technician failed to replace the push pins that hold the wheel liner in place so make sure you check them.

Had the battery replaced because it was near end of life. When driving later that day, the auto up/down function of the driver window was not working. Went on line (thank you YouTube). A guy posted a video of what he termed a generic fix for it. Roll the window up and continue to hold the button up for 10 seconds and something resets. Voila.

HTH
Sponsored

RangerBill

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Crew FX4
Occupation
retired
Greetings all,

Just wanted to pass along a couple of items from my Works Package and battery replacement.

As (unfortunately) expected, the technician failed to replace the push pins that hold the wheel liner in place so make sure you check them.

Had the battery replaced because it was near end of life. When driving later that day, the auto up/down function of the driver window was not working. Went on line (thank you YouTube). A guy posted a video of what he termed a generic fix for it. Roll the window up and continue to hold the button up for 10 seconds and something resets. Voila.

HTH
That window reset procedure is in the owner's manual, for future reference.

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2024 Escape ST-Line
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
You also might have to reset your audio equalizer settings after battery replacement. I did after mine.
Sponsored