Alpharex PRO Review

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
It did it first right when I pulled up to get the headlights aligned, then again leaving and again waiting in the drive-thru. Definitely has me a bit paranoid about driving around at night. Guess I'll spend a good amount of time figuring this out tomorrow. I bought the Pro so I could swap bulbs, but even that looks like it'll be a chore. Everything is just so tight.
Agreed. I'm definitely going to check it out as well. It's kinda weird we both had the issue with driver side low beam. maybe it is a setting in forscan we have to change. also do you have the DRL wired up separately. I currently do not.
Sponsored

CoachJ

First Name
Rhett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Teacher/Coach
Agreed. I'm definitely going to check it out as well. It's kinda weird we both had the issue with driver side low beam. maybe it is a setting in forscan we have to change. also do you have the DRL wired up separately. I currently do not.
I do have the DRL wired up.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
When LED’s overheat they will shutdown or blink. It’s a protection circuit to keep from burning them out. How’s the airflow around them? Could be lesser brands do this if encased inside assembly

CoachJ

First Name
Rhett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Teacher/Coach
When LED’s overheat they will shutdown or blink. It’s a protection circuit to keep from burning them out. How’s the airflow around them? Could be lesser brands do this if encased inside assembly
Definitely could be the culprit. They're basically against the cap in the housing.

CoachJ

First Name
Rhett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Teacher/Coach
Man I don’t know what the issue is…took the dust caps off and turned them on…still took about 5 minutes before the driver’s side turned off.
Flipped them and the problem went away. I was thinking as I was watching them work outside the housing that maybe being wedged in there was making the fan not spin, causing it to overheat?

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
Man I don’t know what the issue is…took the dust caps off and turned them on…still took about 5 minutes before the driver’s side turned off.
Flipped them and the problem went away. I was thinking as I was watching them work outside the housing that maybe being wedged in there was making the fan not spin, causing it to overheat?
It shouldn't be different then the ones the OP listed. His were exactly the same design wise just a lower wattage.

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
That's not out of the question still. Higher wattage does mean more heat.
True, but in this case I don't think it would be enough to make a major difference. I have the exact same setup and am not having the issue every time they come on. For me it happened one time. Also doesn't happen to the passenger side for either of us. Only driver lowbeam. If it was a heat issue I would think it would happen to both sides since dustcap and distance to the fan is exactly the same. I would like to test out the bigger dust caps to see if it does make a difference for overall cooling.

TeaWrecks

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
True, but in this case I don't think it would be enough to make a major difference. I have the exact same setup and am not having the issue every time they come on. For me it happened one time. Also doesn't happen to the passenger side for either of us. Only driver lowbeam. If it was a heat issue I would think it would happen to both sides since dustcap and distance to the fan is exactly the same. I would like to test out the bigger dust caps to see if it does make a difference for overall cooling.
Passenger side has the air intake right above it. Haven't taken delivery of mine yet but is there anything that gets warm on the driver side?
Is outside air temperature high right now too where you guys are at?

CoachJ

First Name
Rhett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Teacher/Coach
Passenger side has the air intake right above it. Haven't taken delivery of mine yet but is there anything that gets warm on the driver side?
Is outside air temperature high right now too where you guys are at?
Well it lasted longer this time, but it is for sure a driver's side only thing...it went out again after maybe 10 minutes or so. Turned it off and back on and it worked. Waited another 10 mins or so and off again. This is after flipping sides and still with no dust caps at all, so the extended ones I ordered aren't needed. I guess tomorrow it's back to the halogen bulbs I go, at least for now.

Heat shouldn't be an issue; this has got to be the coolest July I've ever experienced here in Texas - while the rest of the country apparently is burning up.

OP
OP

Synyster06Gates

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Well it lasted longer this time, but it is for sure a driver's side only thing...it went out again after maybe 10 minutes or so. Turned it off and back on and it worked. Waited another 10 mins or so and off again. This is after flipping sides and still with no dust caps at all, so the extended ones I ordered aren't needed. I guess tomorrow it's back to the halogen bulbs I go, at least for now.

Heat shouldn't be an issue; this has got to be the coolest July I've ever experienced here in Texas - while the rest of the country apparently is burning up.
Interesting - so it didn't follow the bulb? Just stayed on the driver side?

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering