Alpharex PRO Review

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Appearance Package
Again, I'll say - anecdotal evidence of what you "feel" like is a moot point. It doesn't matter. Data is the only thing that can actually stand on its own two legs with this argument, and data doesn't lie. It might feel like they're brighter because the light reflected right down in front of your truck is brighter, but 40' out (where it really matters) most bulbs are BAD, and for brights its even worse.

Data doesn't lie, and I'm one to respect the results of controlled experiments done by experts - I'm not a lighting expert, so I trust the expertise of someone who is rather than a few random forum members who say "its brighter" with nothing to back it up other than how they feel.
Nobody cares, we want to look cool.
Sponsored

codestp202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I ended up ordering Morimoto XB's. I couldn't get over the Luxx startup sequence, ruined an awesome product that was half the price of the morimotos, why the hell can't you disable that cheap startup sequence? I also didn't want to mess with drop in bulbs in the Pro housings. Figured i'd buy once and cry once as I like the clean design of the Morimotos a lot more overall.

AvockAdoo

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Engineer
I ended up ordering Morimoto XB's. I couldn't get over the Luxx startup sequence, ruined an awesome product that was half the price of the morimotos, why the hell can't you disable that cheap startup sequence? I also didn't want to mess with drop in bulbs in the Pro housings. Figured i'd buy once and cry once as I like the clean design of the Morimotos a lot more overall.
I hope you have better luck with these than I did! They look incredible, I wish they'd have worked better with my truck.

codestp202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I hope you have better luck with these than I did! They look incredible, I wish they'd have worked better with my truck.
I hope so as well. When did you install them and run into issues? Wondering if some time has resolved some of the problems.

AvockAdoo

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Engineer
It was nearly two years ago. Morimoto kept saying they'd fixed it, but after three sets they were still throwing codes. It was something to do with the startup sequence trying to fire every time the hazards flashed. I ended up in Lariat lights, and then my engine blew, so I ditched the truck.

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
I ended up in Lariat lights, and then my engine blew, so I ditched the truck.
Say what? Did you post about the engine failure?
Sponsored