Morimoto XB headlight problems

RiVeX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
I installed the new Morimoto XB headlights on my 21' Ranger XLT Tremor, I love the way they look, but when Auto Start/Stop is engaged they turn off and then come back on when the truck starts up again. When I pull up to a light the truck shuts off and they stay on. But when the truck starts up again, they turn off, and then on again. It's pretty annoying, I can see them flash in the car in front of me. Often times the right one will turn on just before the left one. Doesn't matter if it's just the DRL or low beams, they both do it. Am I the only one with this problem? And Does anyone have a solution, or workaround (other than disabling off the auto start/stop)?
Sponsored

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I installed the new Morimoto XB headlights on my 21' Ranger XLT Tremor, I love the way they look, but when Auto Start/Stop is engaged they turn off and then come back on when the truck starts up again. When I pull up to a light the truck shuts off and they stay on. But when the truck starts up again, they turn off, and then on again. It's pretty annoying, I can see them flash in the car in front of me. Often times the right one will turn on just before the left one. Doesn't matter if it's just the DRL or low beams, they both do it. Am I the only one with this problem? And Does anyone have a solution, or workaround (other than disabling off the auto start/stop)?
I can see why that happens as it is reducing the load on the battery during starts. Many of us on here have eliminated the ASS feature on ours. Forscan is the easy way. There are also modules you can buy that you can install that do the same thing, or just press the button every time you start to eliminate it.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Wait I thought a person cannot disable ASS Only using Forscan?

Zvedza

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '04 SVT Lightning, '16 ZX-10R
In terms of the right coming on before the left, my morimoto HIDs in my lightning do the same thing, its like its winking which is funny. Might just be a morimoto thing as my Alpharexx lights on the ranger dont do that.
Mine also didnt turn off during auto stop/start, but didnt notice if the DRLs followed that.

First Name
Gregorio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ranger xlt
I just installed these headlights today, I’m getting a harsh sound when I unlock the truck & the sequence doesn’t fully go through like on the start up, also when the highbeams turn on I get a hard noise from the engine bay? Anyone else have this? Didn’t get a warm and fuzzy for the price paid

HotShotOffroad

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
All of these are odd to hear. We have had these on our Ranger the moment they contacted us they were available for pre orders. We did get ours early compared to most but they are still from same production line up. I would suggest contacting MM! Their team is always more then happy to help out.

Figarou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Edge ST, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I just installed these headlights today, I’m getting a harsh sound when I unlock the truck & the sequence doesn’t fully go through like on the start up, also when the highbeams turn on I get a hard noise from the engine bay? Anyone else have this? Didn’t get a warm and fuzzy for the price paid
Odd...no problem with mine.

Have a look at this.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/thre...n-off-when-switched-to-off.16748/#post-339537

There's a wire that needs to go to fuse #19

Maybe it's not seated properly.

First Name
Gregorio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ranger xlt

TeaWrecks

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
There is a solenoid that activates when you switch the high beams on and off. Basically, the light never changes, but the cutout is moved out of the way, allowing the light to fully shine down the road.

ryan_burchett

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
HVAC
I have just this last week installed these in my new 2023 ranger FX4. Installed a set over Christmas weekend and had this issue. Got back with the vendor I got them from and they overnighted a new set. I installed them and I'm still having the same issue. I noticed yesterday that if the headlights are on automatic mode by the button left of the steering wheel on the dash is a cause for this problem. The work properly only if that dial is switched for the lights to be on. Only driver side light is having the problem. All connections are good and I fuse #19. Any ideas on a fix for this would be great.

ryan_burchett

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
HVAC
I have just this last week installed these in my new 2023 ranger FX4. Installed a set over Christmas weekend and had this issue. Got back with the vendor I got them from and they overnighted a new set. I installed them and I'm still having the same issue. I noticed yesterday that if the headlights are on automatic mode by the button left of the steering wheel on the dash is a cause for this problem. The work properly only if that dial is switched for the lights to be on. Only driver side light is having the problem. All connections are good and I fuse #19. Any ideas on a fix for this would be great.
Sorry. Not a harsh sound issue. Drl and turn signal is not working when you unlock or lock the truck. Rapid flash when using turn signal. I can make it work fine if I just leave the headlights on but then it would be better if I could just leave it on auto on the dash.
Sponsored