Alpha Rex headlights

Zvedza

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '04 SVT Lightning, '16 ZX-10R
Yeah, as much of a pita it was to install these, at least adjusting is easier, for my 04 i had to take out the assemblies each time, although, that was a few seconds each time.

I am slightly bothered byhow the beam pattern is, my HIDs on my lightning have a step down for the left side, but its mainly just one step down. These have at least 2-3 step downs, i guess so the left doesnt blind drivers. But the right goes WAY the hell up on the final step up, and if i try to lower it, i get a dark'ish spot in the middle of the lights. Still messing around with it, just hope to get a good mix of visibility without blinding people as i pass them on the left.

CoachJ

First Name
Rhett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Teacher/Coach
Upgraded from the Pro (had issues with drop in LED reliability) to the Nova last night. I wish I had taken output shots, as these Novas really aren’t much brighter than the Pro with drop in LEDs, which is to say they are plenty bright for sure. I’m just hoping they’re reliable as I had the drop in LEDs shut off after about 10 minutes, just on the driver low beam.
I also really like the “black” finish vs the “Alpha black.” The little bit of chrome shows them off a bit in my opinion, without blending in too much with the black. I like the contrast.
97739FF0-9064-4BF7-9D3B-0D3851AB3047.jpeg

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
I saw some of these on a Ranger in person for the first time yesterday. I noticed them because of the sequential turn signal and DRL mode. I kinda wish it had been dark so I could see the actual headlamps, too.

I probably would have been utterly baffled it I wasn't already aware of these lights, but seeing them in person, they look really good. Makes me want to buy them, but it's going to be a real challenge to convince the wife of it.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I saw some of these on a Ranger in person for the first time yesterday. I noticed them because of the sequential turn signal and DRL mode. I kinda wish it had been dark so I could see the actual headlamps, too.

I probably would have been utterly baffled it I wasn't already aware of these lights, but seeing them in person, they look really good. Makes me want to buy them, but it's going to be a real challenge to convince the wife of it.
Assuming that you do a lot of night driving, you can simply state that you get way better Vision at night with those. I have proven this myself with my truck and I have the luxx series

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
Assuming that you do a lot of night driving, you can simply state that you get way better Vision at night with those. I have proven this myself with my truck and I have the luxx series
I don't really drive a lot at night. I don't really drive a lot at all, tbh. But I've already primed the wife with talk about how folks are reporting better visibility with these lights, and do grumble about the side visibility with the OEM lights on the twisty mtn roads in my area.

The major stumbling blocks are twofold - a trip to Europe next summer that we're planning and some home improvement projects.

CoachJ

First Name
Rhett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Teacher/Coach
So I guess I had them aimed a bit high. On my 2.5 hour trip home the other night, I got flashed 3 times. So last night I re-aimed them and sure enough they were.
But I noticed last night that my cutoff is not as sharp as it should be. The two low-beam projectors don’t perfectly line up with each other, which makes for two separate cutoff lines from each headlight. Kind of annoying, and something that didn’t happen with my Morimotos back when I had my F150.
For the $1250 I paid, I’m not 100% satisfied because of this and I don’t see a way to adjust each projector independently.
I’d hate to return them because (imo) these are the best looking headlights available. But I’m considering it. With all this flipping headlights around, I’ve gotten pretty quick at getting them swapped out.

1B59EBB0-AB34-4586-A5D6-AFFE96FC5789.jpeg

CAC40C6F-8949-4C4C-B074-8B4F4E40A46F.png

commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4 - Gots mods
Occupation
Network Engineer
So I guess I had them aimed a bit high. On my 2.5 hour trip home the other night, I got flashed 3 times. So last night I re-aimed them and sure enough they were.
But I noticed last night that my cutoff is not as sharp as it should be. The two low-beam projectors don’t perfectly line up with each other, which makes for two separate cutoff lines from each headlight. Kind of annoying, and something that didn’t happen with my Morimotos back when I had my F150.
For the $1250 I paid, I’m not 100% satisfied because of this and I don’t see a way to adjust each projector independently.
I’d hate to return them because (imo) these are the best looking headlights available. But I’m considering it. With all this flipping headlights around, I’ve gotten pretty quick at getting them swapped out.

that's expected considering the wall's relation to the truck.

if you were facing a wall at 25' you wouldn't see that. you're lights are fine.

one tip is when aiming at 25'. measure the distance from the ground to the top of the bulb (not housing). take that number and subtract 2" and that's the height of the cut off at 25'. Tweak from there.

CoachJ

First Name
Rhett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Teacher/Coach
that's expected considering the wall's relation to the truck.

if you were facing a wall at 25' you wouldn't see that. you're lights are fine.

one tip is when aiming at 25'. measure the distance from the ground to the top of the bulb (not housing). take that number and subtract 2" and that's the height of the cut off at 25'. Tweak from there.
that’s what I did, and the lights do have the “double cutoff” at 25’. I just didn’t think to snap a picture until I had left my friend’s house where we adjusted them. I’ll try to post a better pic tonight.

BMalm

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Range XLT
Another question, there is already a fuse in #24, do I just pull it and replace with this new one?

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Another question, there is already a fuse in #24, do I just pull it and replace with this new one?
There shouldn't be a fuse in #24 under the hood. If there is, yes, just replace it.

BMalm

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Range XLT
There shouldn't be a fuse in #24 under the hood. If there is, yes, just replace it.
Yeah there is on mine, not sure what it goes to. My #27 is empty, but I don't know if that is switchable. So replacing it should be OK?

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah there is on mine, not sure what it goes to. My #27 is empty, but I don't know if that is switchable. So replacing it should be OK?
They should have provided a fuse tap IIRC, if so, replacing will be fine. Double check your manual, but at least for 19&20 models, it's a spare.

docarter

First Name
Dayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac ATS; Ford Ranger
Occupation
ADA

Morimotio is now selling a Ranger headlight! ;)
Sponsored