Alpha Rex headlights

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
I mean, if you want to talk about most use - the LED strips get the most use out of any bulb in these housings.
Correct but that is low power use overall. The headlights use a substantial amount of power and therefore are more likely to burn out under regular use. Low power leds are very reliable longterm. And then in the luxx and nova it is 5 times as much with the startup sequence each turn on and turn off. For mine I don't have the drl on during the day right now, although I will in the future.
Sponsored

Crix

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT 4x4
Occupation
Optometrist

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B099WLLLXY/ref=ox_sc_act_image_2?smid=A3TEYT8DCWDLF5&psc=1

just bought these along with those PIAA's Frenchy recommended , hoping these LED's are truly 1:1 sized ,should make installation easier . I'll post up when i get em' , dang,this is the hole i was hoping to stay out of .....
So depending on where you live those led lights can be an issue. How so you ask? Thanks for asking and I shall explain. It comes down to the color temperature of the light. With whiter lights it can cause the light to be reflected back to you where you don't see the road in certain weather conditions like Rain and snow. 6000K is the line for the highest you can go with little issue but still run a risk. To my understanding the PIAA Extreme White Plus are a 4100K wich is much closer to a yellow then a white but still a whiteish color. Now with that said you so have pla Projector lense so it may not be an issue but I cant make any promise on that. Just some food for thought.

Crix

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT 4x4
Occupation
Optometrist
So depending on where you live

Im in San Diego,the boring weather capitol of the U.S but appreciate any and all insight

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Im in San Diego,the boring weather capitol of the U.S but appreciate any and all insight
Doesnt mean you wont travel anywhere else either. Again just information to keep in mind

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase

I'm with Frenchy here.

Over 6000K is too white IMO for normal driving usage. Especially with marine layer and fog that can happen. Being in OC - I have run into it quite a bit. I use 6000K in my fog lights from diode and am actually thinking about switching to yellow because it can be too hard on not-dry pavement.

Crix

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT 4x4
Occupation
Optometrist
update/received both the PIAA's and Oxilam H7's/ major pain swapping out bulbs so i was only able to test the led's , huuuge light output and color improvement over stock halos in the alpha projectors ,but the oxilams are slightly larger so it was a struggle to get dust cover on but managed it. Fired them up in the garage so everything looked great, as soon as it got dark took a drive and super improvement but there is literally no center fill ! Its a must IMO to run the fogs full time to fill in the center of the truck . Is this to be expected ? or are those oem reflectors just that good ? i know worthless without pics / i'll try to take some pics both with the oxilams and the piaa's tonight and post em up

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
update/received both the PIAA's and Oxilam H7's/ major pain swapping out bulbs so i was only able to test the led's , huuuge light output and color improvement over stock halos in the alpha projectors ,but the oxilams are slightly larger so it was a struggle to get dust cover on but managed it. Fired them up in the garage so everything looked great, as soon as it got dark took a drive and super improvement but there is literally no center fill ! Its a must IMO to run the fogs full time to fill in the center of the truck . Is this to be expected ? or are those oem reflectors just that good ? i know worthless without pics / i'll try to take some pics both with the oxilams and the piaa's tonight and post em up
I can tell you that the lenses in the luxx and the pros are exactly the same. So definitely interested in seeing the pics.

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
I agree with the fogs on wet and dimly lit roads. I'm running the luxx series

CoachJ

First Name
Rhett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Teacher/Coach
For those interested, here's a couple of output shots of my Novas...there is a bit of a dead spot"directly in front of me, where it "steps up" for the passenger side. Brights will outshine the sun though.

low beams:
lowbeams.jpg

high beams:
highbeams.jpg

jflogerzi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD/Tow CG MY22 Ranger XLT 2WD, Track Car FRS 2013
It's done! Way easier than I thought it would be. Did the grill and lights at the same time. Thank you to everyone here for helping me, only took about three hours.
20210923_152205.jpg
Are these the Pro's or LUX's?

melficeapoll

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RN
So i realized that the turn signals on the headlights (mine at least) won't work if you have a jumper wire connected to the side markers. So i had to disable my side markers from signaling in order to make my headlights signal properly.

Anyone else have this issue or a workaround?

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
So i realized that the turn signals on the headlights (mine at least) won't work if you have a jumper wire connected to the side markers. So i had to disable my side markers from signaling in order to make my headlights signal properly.

Anyone else have this issue or a workaround?
What jumper wire are you talking about? I didn't have any issues with my set of lights

melficeapoll

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RN
What jumper wire are you talking about? I didn't have any issues with my set of lights
I ran a wire from the vehicle's wire harness (that controls the turn signals on the headlights) all the way to the side marker lights to enable them to become turn signals. Somehow it disabled the function of the alpha turn signals, but it worked perfectly fine with my XLT headlights.
Sponsored