First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Morimotio is now selling a Ranger headlight! ;)
At same cost if not a little more than the Nova Series. If anything I'm curious of the comparison for the two. Other than that I think I will stay with my Alpharex LUXX series lights.
Sponsored

CoachJ

First Name
Rhett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Teacher/Coach
Morimotio is now selling a Ranger headlight! ;)
I know, I had those ordered - thought I caught the last pair for sale at Stage 3 and missed the boat. So I just switched to the Alphas. Honestly, I like the aesthetics of the Alphas more than the Morimoto. I like the shape of the LED strip and feel like it gives it more of an aggressive front end look. The Morimotos could use a little brightwork or else they'll just blend in to my black truck (all just a matter of preference really).

But I do feel like Morimoto makes the superior LED projector setup in terms of output and "sharpness." The brights on the Alphas are awesome though...I can see for forever.

I am wondering now, after searching Alpharex's website/blog, if there's a board I can swap out since I have my old Pros on hand, that will defeat the stupid startup sequence. I just feel a bit childish every time I unlock the doors lol.

CoachJ

First Name
Rhett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Teacher/Coach
So I opened up my Pros tonight just out of curiosity, and found there’s a connection that’s unplugged. I wonder if it’s like the Morimotos and that simply controls the sequential turn signals, or if that single connection is all that activates the startup sequence. Gonna experiment some with it when I have time, which will probably end in me taking my front end apart again to try to figure it out. I’ll swap the entire board from the Pros to the Novas if I have to lol. Then I guess I’ll have to try to sell the Pros with the Nova startup show.
1E1C2229-008B-4C94-8D72-B630344A732C.jpeg
C09BCC0F-99C5-4B13-B273-44C64CD0C132.jpeg

Crix

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT 4x4
Occupation
Optometrist
XLT owner here , installed the alpha pro series in alpha black over the weekend as well as the included drl harness and am extremely disappointed in light output. I had drop in auxitos in both low beams and fogs and besides the glare from the halogen housings its literally night and day.Anyone running the H7's the alpharex pros shipped with ? or all of you add drop in led's ? If it wasnt such a major PITA id swap back my old setup, and to all of u Diyers, how'd u like getting to those 2 torx bolts behind the bumper to remove the valance? ! My shoulders are still sore !

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
XLT owner here , installed the alpha pro series in alpha black over the weekend as well as the included drl harness and am extremely disappointed in light output. I had drop in auxitos in both low beams and fogs and besides the glare from the halogen housings its literally night and day.Anyone running the H7's the alpharex pros shipped with ? or all of you add drop in led's ? If it wasnt such a major PITA id swap back my old setup, and to all of u Diyers, how'd u like getting to those 2 torx bolts behind the bumper to remove the valance? ! My shoulders are still sore !
I can guarantee you most people on here at the least that ordered the pros put in LED lights. Mind you they also mentioned they were a pain in the ass to install into the housings. My suggestion to you is to change out the bulbs to PIAA headlights. Why that particular brand? To say the least they are a nice high quality halogen bulb that is a very well-known in the performance industry and has DOT rated headlights. I also have a set of PIAA headlights in my 1993 Nissan Pathfinder and I like them. In a projector they will do well too. Keep in mind that the lights will still need to be adjusted after installing the assemblies on the truck. After that is done it will make a difference for you.

Crix

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT 4x4
Occupation
Optometrist
I can guarantee you most people on here at the least that ordered the pros put in LED lights. Mind you they also mentioned they were a pain in the ass to install into the housings. My suggestion to you is to change out the bulbs to PIAA headlights. Why that particular brand? To say the least they are a nice high quality halogen bulb that is a very well-known in the performance industry and has DOT rated headlights. I also have a set of PIAA headlights in my 1993 Nissan Pathfinder and I like them. In a projector they will do well too. Keep in mind that the lights will still need to be adjusted after installing the assemblies on the truck. After that is done it will make a difference for you.
thnx for the reply, im no stranger to PIAA , back in my rice days it was all about PIAA since then there has been a lot of competition to PIAA , have you tried other bulbs like Silverstars ,Osram etc.. and the PIAA's outperformed them? just asking as I ran out and bought some silverstars with the same results as the H7's that shipped in the alpha housings albeit the silverstars were whiter

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
thnx for the reply, im no stranger to PIAA , back in my rice days it was all about PIAA since then there has been a lot of competition to PIAA , have you tried other bulbs like Silverstars ,Osram etc.. and the PIAA's outperformed them? just asking as I ran out and bought some silverstars with the same results as the H7's that shipped in the alpha housings albeit the silverstars were whiter
I have run the Sylvania SilverStar as before and even though they can be bright the downside with those is their life expectancy isn't as good. PIAA on the other hand will actually last very close to the OEM bulb standards while being brighter. Currently I have the extreme white hybrid in my pathfinder but understand that the extreme white does much better. Also understand that a halogen is only going to do so much. Make sure that your lights are aimed correctly and that will make a huge difference.

Crix

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT 4x4
Occupation
Optometrist
lso understand that a halogen is only going to do so much
Your on to something with that statement, my truck was stupid bright with those led drop ins but got sick of getting flashed on the regular so decided to go to a projector housing.

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah it would be very hard to keep the halogens unless you had them already in your stock setup and never upgraded. Going from aftermarket led back to halogen is a big change. I bought the pros so I could change them out to led, without needing to send in the entire housing if they fail.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yeah it would be very hard to keep the halogens unless you had them already in your stock setup and never upgraded. Going from aftermarket led back to halogen is a big change. I bought the pros so I could change them out to led, without needing to send in the entire housing if they fail.
LOL just wait until one of the other lights on the housing fail. Then you're going to have to send the housing in LOL. That's why I went ahead and went with the Lux series

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
LOL just wait until one of the other lights on the housing fail. Then you're going to have to send the housing in LOL. That's why I went ahead and went with the Lux series
It is way way less likely of the led strip failing. Especially since the luxx have the whole start up sequence. They get 5 times more use then the pro light strip does based on that alone. Leds in general have a very low failure rate then regular light bulbs. But the difference is the part that is most likely to fail, and gets the most use is the main lowbeam headlight, and when it does I can just switch out the bulb. Hopefully neither of us have to deal with failure prior to the warranty ending.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
It is way way less likely of the led strip failing. Especially since the luxx have the whole start up sequence. They get 5 times more use then the pro light strip does based on that alone. Leds in general have a very low failure rate then regular light bulbs. But the difference is the part that is most likely to fail, and gets the most use is the main loebeam headlight, and when I does I can just switch out the bulb. Hopefully neither of us have to deal with failure prior to the warranty ending.
It is definitely something we all hope and you are not wrong. Time will only tell on how things will go

Crix

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT 4x4
Occupation
Optometrist
bought the pros so I could change them out to led, without needing to send in the entire housing if they fail.
[/QUOTE]

Yes , my thinking as well, plus didnt like that R2D2 looking startup sequence

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
It is definitely something we all hope and you are not wrong. Time will only tell on how things will go
Overall I feel like the build quality is pretty good no matter what set we chose. I definitely dont get the Chinese knockoff ebay vibe. Based on videos I have seen for other trucks, these seem to be pretty dependable overall. I think we will both end up being happy with our overall purchases.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
It is way way less likely of the led strip failing. Especially since the luxx have the whole start up sequence. They get 5 times more use then the pro light strip does based on that alone. Leds in general have a very low failure rate then regular light bulbs. But the difference is the part that is most likely to fail, and gets the most use is the main lowbeam headlight, and when it does I can just switch out the bulb. Hopefully neither of us have to deal with failure prior to the warranty ending.
I mean, if you want to talk about most use - the LED strips get the most use out of any bulb in these housings.
Sponsored