Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase

I wonder if this is still the sequence, seems a bit much.
That’s friggin’ ridiculous. I’m sure this is a must have feature on those TTN F150 wannabes out of Thailand.

1613696342980.png
Sponsored

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
Only the lowest ones don't have that start up sequence. And there is no way to take it off.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I myself could care less on the start up, it's not like I'm trying to go look at it once I start the truck but others out there might like it. Is that a turn off for me? Not really but itnis what it is.

mgallo13

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MM Focus ST (sold), 2020 MM Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Financial Controller
Vehicle Showcase
To each his own about the startup sequence. Everyone makes a good point, I think I would like it better if it was amber as well, however since it's your DRL "booting up" so-to-speak I get it. Guess it just doesn't bother me as much as my halogen headlights do LOL

Going from the projectors in my ST3 Focus that swiveled through turns to these halogens was like strapping flashlights to my bumper :LOL:

Couple that with < $800 SHIPPED for projectors, that is solid. Morimoto stated in an instagram DM to me their model (on Nemesis white ranger posted a page or two back) they'd be closer to the NOVA series pricing

Last edited:

Heezy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger
So it looks like the pro doesn’t have that sequence. Just have to swap the halogens out for led.

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
Yep that is what I plan to do. The housing is already made for either. N

Ranger85

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
That was what I was thinking about doing, buying pro and swapping LEDs. Pulled this from their site...Hard to tell if there is a subtle difference that would impact the beam pattern if you swap LEDs or if this is designed to influence you to buy the more expensive LUXX or Novas. I feel like doing the swap will land me back where I am reading countless reviews on light output, pattern, longevity, size, etc. Leaning towards just paying the higher price for the Morimotos that have a 5 year warranty and getting it over with ?.
46408283-A491-45B1-9B81-302C7FC03E8C.jpeg

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
That was what I was thinking about doing, buying pro and swapping LEDs. Pulled this from their site...Hard to tell if there is a subtle difference that would impact the beam pattern if you swap LEDs or if this is designed to influence you to buy the more expensive LUXX or Novas. I feel like doing the swap will land me back where I am reading countless reviews on light output, pattern, longevity, size, etc. Leaning towards just paying the higher price for the Morimotos that have a 5 year warranty and getting it over with ?.
46408283-A491-45B1-9B81-302C7FC03E8C.jpeg
I think they are designed with the swap out in mind, based on what the rep has said directly.

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
Also I think the luxx and pro use the exact same lenses.....just the luxx has their proprietary led lights already installed and the turn on sequence.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Has anyone seen a side by side comparison of beam patterns? We probably won't until someone buys them and installs. I quess someone will be the guinea pig and give us before and after shots.

I can also see someone buying the Pros and sticking in some LEDs with ridiculous lumen output and blinding oncoming drivers. Probably why the DOT disclaimer on their website.

Ranger85

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Having the ability to just change the bulbs if/when they fail is very reassuring. Even if you buy higher end GTR bulbs you’d only be in about $800 (w/ current 15% off). Very reasonable price and having the ability to just switch out a bulb will save time and $ in the long run.

DangerRanger01

First Name
Boston
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Saint John, British Columbia, Canada
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCrew
Occupation
I.T & Graphics Design Developer
Easy fix in Forscan.
yeah, I managed to order the OBD II to USB dongle so I could get FORScan up and running, changed my DRLs to the "Turns Only" setting, love the look, and hopefully, it will prolong the life of my low-beams. and got the hyper flash to stop. definitely loving all the options in FORScan for sure.