Trace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
All,

Sorry for the multiple threads. I am looking for pictures and reviews of aftermarket LED Headlights for my 2023 XLT. Show me what you have and what you like/don't like about them. I want to go with the Morimoto XB, just want to make sure I'll like the look before spending the money. Thanks!
Sponsored

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
Thanks, haven't been able to find a whole lot of photos through those threads, hence this one....
There are photos galore in a lot of the threads on LED headlight bulbs. It just takes a little bit of search and poking around.

RodyKity

First Name
Rody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
These are what I got from AUXITO for my Ranger headlights. They are bright, but not too bright. No flickering or any issues on my car so far. Give plenty of sight to the near and out to the sides as well beyond the normal left and right limit of the low beams. Can’t notice the fans running from a distance. as far as these LEDs they fit right into place and plenty of room for connections.
1682653832490.png

smashpwnage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 ranger xlt
Occupation
self employed
These are what I got from AUXITO for my Ranger headlights. They are bright, but not too bright. No flickering or any issues on my car so far. Give plenty of sight to the near and out to the sides as well beyond the normal left and right limit of the low beams. Can’t notice the fans running from a distance. as far as these LEDs they fit right into place and plenty of room for connections.
1682653832490.png
I think hes looking for headlights, not led bulbs.

Scottlane1171

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT Splash
Occupation
calibration tech
These are what I purchased. They are nice and bright and give a great view. The halogens were just dull and couldn’t see very well. Very happy with them. No dislikes. You have options with turn signals where they are either sequential or standard and can make the c shaped ring be your DRL’s
IMG_4461.png
IMG_4462.jpeg

Tbone4253

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
Anyone tried the new Anzo headlights?

AghastVenus1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT Tremor
@Trace Elements Here is what I put on mine if you're still looking.
Screenshot_20230619_123945_Video Editor.jpg

They're from Akkon LED and are between $500 and $600 on Amazon. I absolutely love the style and it was my way of bringing a little Mustang to the Ranger (since the missus made me buy a truck instead of my dream car, lol). HOWEVER there are some things to note. I don't think it likes to play well with the automatic setting for the lights, which I personally don't use anyway. And during installation you need to splice a regulator into the driver side low beam circuit otherwise it will shut off every 20 minutes or so because of how Ford programmed the BCM.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
@Trace Elements Here is what I put on mine if you're still looking.
Screenshot_20230619_123945_Video Editor.jpg

They're from Akkon LED and are between $500 and $600 on Amazon. I absolutely love the style and it was my way of bringing a little Mustang to the Ranger (since the missus made me buy a truck instead of my dream car, lol). HOWEVER there are some things to note. I don't think it likes to play well with the automatic setting for the lights, which I personally don't use anyway. And during installation you need to splice a regulator into the driver side low beam circuit otherwise it will shut off every 20 minutes or so because of how Ford programmed the BCM.
I've been looking at those. Please explain more about the "regulator" need and the issues with the automatic setting. My headlight switch lives there.

AghastVenus1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've been looking at those. Please explain more about the "regulator" need and the issues with the automatic setting. My headlight switch lives there.
So for the regulator: The way Ford programmed the BCM specifically on the XL and XLT with halogen headlights, every so often the BCM will cut power to the driver side low beam for a fraction of a second to make sure the circuit still works. It's such a small amount of time that it doesn't affect the halogen bulb, but LEDs don't like it at all so it shuts off. What the regulator is/does is it's essentially a capacitor that maintains constant power to the bulb when the BCM decides to cut power. You can get one on Amazon for about $10 and will have to cut the pigtails off and splice into the low beam circuit. I strongly recommend doing a bench test to find the circuit and splice outside the truck. I found out too late and had a fun time doing so inside the engine bay. Lol

As for the Auto headlight mode, I can't really confirm that it doesn't work, it just did a funky thing on me one time when I tried it and ended up with no DRLs, driver side low beam on, and passenger side off. But another time I tried it and it worked fine, so it might have been user error and I can't really test it right now since my truck's at the dealer because of the transmission issue you've probably seen so many threads about.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
So for the regulator: The way Ford programmed the BCM specifically on the XL and XLT with halogen headlights, every so often the BCM will cut power to the driver side low beam for a fraction of a second to make sure the circuit still works. It's such a small amount of time that it doesn't affect the halogen bulb, but LEDs don't like it at all so it shuts off. What the regulator is/does is it's essentially a capacitor that maintains constant power to the bulb when the BCM decides to cut power. You can get one on Amazon for about $10 and will have to cut the pigtails off and splice into the low beam circuit. I strongly recommend doing a bench test to find the circuit and splice outside the truck. I found out too late and had a fun time doing so inside the engine bay. Lol

As for the Auto headlight mode, I can't really confirm that it doesn't work, it just did a funky thing on me one time when I tried it and ended up with no DRLs, driver side low beam on, and passenger side off. But another time I tried it and it worked fine, so it might have been user error and I can't really test it right now since my truck's at the dealer because of the transmission issue you've probably seen so many threads about.
Thanks for the reply
So how do you like them other than having to add the regulator? Also, do you have a link to the regulator/capacitor you used.

AghastVenus1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the reply
So how do you like them other than having to add the regulator? Also, do you have a link to the regulator/capacitor you used.
I love them! And so far I haven't had any issues after figuring out the low beam. And here's the link to the regulator:

Amazon.com: Innovited HID Error Warning Canceller Anti Flicker Capacitor Decoder (1 Pair) : Automotive

The headlights are a bi-LED projector lense, so both low beam and high beam are the same unit and there's nothing to "plug" the regulator into. You have to cut the pigtails off, cut the red wire on the headlight ('m pretty sure it's the red wire for low beam power, again, bench test to be sure), solder the red wires on the regulator to the now cut low beam power wire, then repeat with the low beam ground wire (no freaking clue which one that is now) and the black wires on the regulator.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I love them! And so far I haven't had any issues after figuring out the low beam. And here's the link to the regulator:

Amazon.com: Innovited HID Error Warning Canceller Anti Flicker Capacitor Decoder (1 Pair) : Automotive

The headlights are a bi-LED projector lense, so both low beam and high beam are the same unit and there's nothing to "plug" the regulator into. You have to cut the pigtails off, cut the red wire on the headlight ('m pretty sure it's the red wire for low beam power, again, bench test to be sure), solder the red wires on the regulator to the now cut low beam power wire, then repeat with the low beam ground wire (no freaking clue which one that is now) and the black wires on the regulator.
Thanks again đź‘Ť