Adding the Terrain Management System

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
I would imagine it needs some info from the transfer case telling it all is well and 4wd is a go before the TM kicks in ... May still work though ,. probably make the dash light up in places...
Sponsored

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
Even if you have wiring for switch, all drive modes except (Normal-2WD) allow selectable modes such as Sand. The system will not activate unless it sees 4WD engaged. So, IDK if some Forscan changes can fake it or not, but an interesting Mod if successful.

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Appearance Package
Even if you have wiring for switch, all drive modes except (Normal-2WD) allow selectable modes such as Sand. The system will not activate unless it sees 4WD engaged. So, IDK if some Forscan changes can fake it or not, but an interesting Mod if successful.
Yea it doesn't seem worth it. Looks like best bet is to disable abs and install a Detroit truetrac.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
As a thpught I would contact Auburn Gear and see if they can get a Select a lock limited stip for you. It is a diff that has both Elocker capabilities with a limited slip when not locked and is a stronger design compared to the conventional E-Locker.

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Appearance Package
As a thpught I would contact Auburn Gear and see if they can get a Select a lock limited stip for you. It is a diff that has both Elocker capabilities with a limited slip when not locked and is a stronger design compared to the conventional E-Locker.
Thanks French

7Boomerang7

First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4X4 / Lightning Blue
Hey friends, I’m wanting to buy the terrain management switch for my XLT. Looks like a 5 minute install. I don’t have a PC based laptop, only Mac, so I can’t easily buy Forscan and do that myself. If I install the switch myself and have Ford do the computer work on my next oil change am I voiding any warranties? I would also be buying the switch online from a specific dealer of genuine parts that has the switch for $40 off so I was hoping to save $ there plus probably whatever ridiculous amount of $ Ford would want for a 5 minute job. Thanks!
Sponsored