2023 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Semi-retired engineer
Bought these prior to the delivery of my ‘23:
- OEM running boards
- tailgate damper
- splash guards
- all weather mats
- tire inflator (I have one for every vehicle I own)
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Jake isn’t wrong here. Imagine getting a couple thousand bucks or more of goodies for your truck and then having your dealership tack on a $10,000 market adjustment fee when you go to take delivery of your Ranger.

Something to keep in mind.
Duke, that happened to a lot of people on the Bronco forum. They ordered all sorts of stuff from floor mats to tires/wheels. Then when Ford changed to an allocation instead of your reservation time stamp they found out they were not getting their Bronco for several years now. Some waited but many needed a vehicle asap and were stuck unloading all their accessories for a loss. I never have nor will pre purchase anything until I have possession.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Duke, that happened to a lot of people on the Bronco forum. They ordered all sorts of stuff from floor mats to tires/wheels. Then when Ford changed to an allocation instead of your reservation time stamp they found out they were not getting their Bronco for several years now. Some waited but many needed a vehicle asap and were stuck unloading all their accessories for a loss. I never have nor will pre purchase anything until I have possession.
Once bitten, and all that. I don’t blame you Dave - I still have nightmares about that white and black Jeep!

It’s really quite sad - from the time I was a kid riding my bike by the local dealers to look at all the cool new cars, to recently, even after being a Business Banking Account Manager and understanding dealer inventory financing, the lots were ALWAYS full of every new model, in every colour.

“No one” ordered a car and waited for it. Manufacturing problems aside, and given the dealer shenanigans, the big three might want to think about letting us buy directly from them online and have us take delivery through approved automotive service providers like Firestone, Midas, Walmart, or even CarMax or Carvana, that could perform a proper PDI or arrange for it through properly vetted detail centres (except @Tracy Bowman ’s ;) She knows we all love her as much as we love our Rangers), maybe dealers would smarten up.

I‘d like nothing more than to purchase a new 6g (or 7g) Ranger Raptor but the buying experience has taken a hard left turn and it’s making a loud clunk.
Sponsored

Last edited: