2024 Ford Ranger Will Debut North American Variant Of All-New Midsize Pickup

Jbrubakerjr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
So I know this article is about the 6g, but posted it here only because there has been so much discussion and dare I say confusion around the MY23 and MY24, so thought it may fit without being redirected to the 6g forum.

2024 Ford Ranger Will Debut North American Variant Of All-New Midsize Pickup.

Interesting enough, though, it looks like SuperCabs may become a thing of the past in NA as well, with a 6 foot bed option being added for the CrewCab. I would think that will mean 2 different frames, as I would also think the wheelbase may have to change as well.
Sponsored

Last edited:

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
From article:
"Though not confirmed, it’s likely that the SuperCab option (the one with full-size front doors and two rear half-doors) will not be offered in the U.S. or Canada."

OP
OP
Jbrubakerjr

Jbrubakerjr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
From article:
"Though not confirmed, it’s likely that the SuperCab option (the one with full-size front doors and two rear half-doors) will not be offered in the U.S. or Canada."
Yep, that's where I read that. As long as there is a 6ft bed option, I am still interested, BUT... if it doesn't fit in the garage because it is the same length as the F150, then why not go with the F150:question:

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
4 doors would be fine with a 6 foot bed, then you could have the best of both options currently available with the 5g, but how much longer will it be? Probably 1 foot.
But I wonder how many only went the SuperCab because they wanted a 6 foot bed.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
4 doors would be fine with a 6 foot bed, then you could have the best of both options currently available with the 5g, but how much longer will it be? Probably 1 foot.
But I wonder how many only went the SuperCab because they wanted a 6 foot bed.
I only wanted 2 doors and the 6 foot bed.
If no 2 door Scab, than a Scab F-150 would have been in my driveway.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Well it looks like I'm keeping my 5G till it or me dies of old age. 6G is no longer mid-sized. Longer, wider, suddenly it no longer fits in my garage. It is aready the same size as a earlier Gen F150. Why does everything need to keep getting bigger with a bigger engine? Their turning the Ranger into a full size and the F150 into a Superduty. Then they make it electric and it can't tow a camper a 100 miles. Madness I say!

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Looks like I’ll be hanging onto Natasha for longer than I thought. With SCABS becoming that much rarer it can only go up in long term value. I don’t need or want a 4 door truck. What I have is perfect for my wants and needs. They lost another potential sale here if they don’t offer one. Particularly in the Lariat flavor!

FusedLogic

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX4 Splash
Occupation
Retired - Air Cargo Industry
I really like the '24 Ranger especially compared to the new GM twins. Only thing I wish for is something help step up into the bed.

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I only wanted 2 doors and the 6 foot bed.
If no 2 door Scab, than a Scab F-150 would have been in my driveway.
Yeah, I agree, I was just saying if there are ones that went with the SuperCab because they needed a 6 foot bed, and there are those who wanted the 4 doors, this one, although longer might be the best of both options for them.

OP
OP
Jbrubakerjr

Jbrubakerjr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
Yeah, I agree, I was just saying if there are ones that went with the SuperCab because they needed a 6 foot bed, and there are those who wanted the 4 doors, this one, although longer might be the best of both options for them.
For my 5g I went with the Supercab because of the 6ft bed. I have no aversion to a 4-door, but if it means that it does not fit in the garage, then, I would do an F150 that also doesn’t fit I’m the garage, of course, there are still a lot of unknown factors that could influence that decision as well, on being will it be offered in a PHEV. I would need to re-assess my priorities as well as my wants to what would be the right fit at the time.

Pinepig

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last count was 12
Occupation
lol
Yep, that's where I read that. As long as there is a 6ft bed option, I am still interested, BUT... if it doesn't fit in the garage because it is the same length as the F150, then why not go with the F150:question:
Yep, I could probably get an f150 in the garage but then loose the space for my supermoto.
Sponsored