303 Graphene | Drying Lubrication

Mostly Harmless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CG Tremor
I have been using the 303 Graphene detail spray as a lubrication when drying the car to what seemed to be good results. Having done it on my GFs much darker car I can see that it potentially leaves streaks on the paint that I might be missing due to my much lighter color. The streaks aren't terrible but it requires me to go over the car once again.

What are you guys using a drying lubrication with 303? I hesitate using a spray wax/detailer wax as I don't want to put a barrier between the 303 Graphene coating and the Graphene detailer spray which helps extend the life of the coating. Should I stick with the above process?
Sponsored

Canadian Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amsoil.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Amsoil Dealer
I switched to using all Turtle Wax products, in this case the their Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray. I couldn't be happier with all of their products. They make a graphene spray for you and a ceramic spray for black cars, for your girlfriends car. Inexpensive and easy to apply.
The Youtube car detailers/reviewers seem to like it, that's how I found out about it.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
The problem you might be having is with the Graphene and the Graphene detailer less is better. When the vehicle is still wet it's harder to tell how much you're actually putting on.

I don't use it as a drying lube, I only use it after I've dried the truck. About once every 4-5 weeks I just use it as a quick detailer and had never had any issues with streaking like that. I only spray like 4-5 sprits on a microfiber applicator then once I feel it starting to drag spray it again. I know it's an extra step but try it like that.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073HL3BFV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1679489748827.jpeg

OP
OP
Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CG Tremor
The problem you might be having is with the Graphene and the Graphene detailer less is better. When the vehicle is still wet it's harder to tell how much you're actually putting on.

I don't use it as a drying lube, I only use it after I've dried the truck. About once every 4-5 weeks I just use it as a quick detailer and had never had any issues with streaking like that. I only spray like 4-5 sprits on a microfiber applicator then once I feel it starting to drag spray it again. I know it's an extra step but try it like that.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073HL3BFV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1679489748827.jpeg
So do you dry the truck without any lubrication?

YaBoiNewton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT supercrew Sport FX4, 2008 Bullitt w Saleen Supercharger
Occupation
Automotive Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I have been using the 303 Graphene detail spray as a lubrication when drying the car to what seemed to be good results. Having done it on my GFs much darker car I can see that it potentially leaves streaks on the paint that I might be missing due to my much lighter color. The streaks aren't terrible but it requires me to go over the car once again.

What are you guys using a drying lubrication with 303? I hesitate using a spray wax/detailer wax as I don't want to put a barrier between the 303 Graphene coating and the Graphene detailer spray which helps extend the life of the coating. Should I stick with the above process?
Optimum No Rinse is apparently the best for lubrication. Just dilute according to the bottle, spray on, and wipe off.

It's a rinseless wash so you use a fraction of the water compared to traditional washes and it's way safer on the paint. Many many detailing pros swear by the stuff.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase

My process is to dry the vehicle, spray 303 Detail Spray onto a microfibre cloth and wipe down a panel, then buff out the light haze with a different, dry microfibre towel. Repeat for all panels.

I do not spray it on the vehicle when it’s wet because it does not buff out as things dry like some other detail sprays do. I‘m cool with the extra step because I prefer the results of the 303 over other products I’ve used.

The only time I use a detail spray for lubrication is when I’m clay barring.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
So do you dry the truck without any lubrication?
Yes I completely dry the truck then apply the Graphene detailer. It's a quick process and only takes me about 20 minutes to do the whole truck. I'll apply it to one panel (area) then buff it out with a clean microfiber towel then mover to the next. Unlike the Graphene Nano spray the detailer doesn't need to cure (turn white) to buff out. Give it a try next time and it should work much better for you.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Like Dave, I completely dry the truck before any waxing/detailing. I use my leaf blower to get most of the water off the truck...gets around 95% of it off including all the crevices, wheel wells. Dry the remaining like door jams, tailgate jam, ect, with a towel.
Sponsored