First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Paramedic
@AzScorpion what are you using for stripping old was residue before you clay mitt? I swore I saw it posted and now I can’t find it. Thanks! I’m going to attempt to do this soon with your graphene spray

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
@AzScorpion what are you using for stripping old was residue before you clay mitt? I swore I saw it posted and now I can’t find it. Thanks! I’m going to attempt to do this soon with your graphene spray
Andy, I used this paint prep from Optimum. It's really easy all you do it wipe it on with a microfiber towel and that's it. It's out of stock but I'll see if I can find somewhere where it isn't.

https://www.detailedimage.com/Optimum-OPT-M36/Paint-Prep-P1085/17-oz-S1/

AndyMedic

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Paramedic
OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Thank you!
All I can find it in is gallons right now. But this Wipe Out from Chemical Guys looks like it's the same and has good reviews. When I talked to the chemist at Gold Eagle he said you don't have to strip all the old wax/sealant off but the Graphene will work better if you do. I've done it this way on both of mine and my '19 will last a full year and still bead up.

I also hit it every 4-5 weeks with the Graphene Detailer. It gives it a super gloss and makes it nice and slick while adding a little more Graphene to the finish for added protection.

https://www.amazon.com/Chemical-Guy...1N51N6N4/ref=psdc_15718451_t1_B08F7YNQT3?th=1

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Thank you once again @AzScorpion
Anytime! Just remember to not over apply it because that'll make it harder to buff out. Also remember to shake the bottle good every once in a while as the Graphene will settle out. You can layer up to 3 coats with no cure time and hit it right after with the detailer. I do 3 coats because of our high heat/uv here. Good luck and post some pics when you're done.

mokupilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 DeeZee Lariat Tremor, 09 Escape Limited
Occupation
Heavy aluminum tube logistics and transportation ✈
@AzScorpion DAVE!?!!, I can no longer get my graphene from the usual drug dealer! Any other brands that you recommend? Other cheap sources? Should I move?
IMG_0353.jpeg

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
@AzScorpion DAVE!?!!, I can no longer get my graphene from the usual drug dealer! Any other brands that you recommend? Other cheap sources? Should I move?
IMG_0353.jpeg
Dear God there's no other brand! 🤨

So Amazon stopped shipping it to HI? 🤦‍♂️ Have you tried ordering direct from Gold Eagle? On their site they do have an area where you can put in your zip code to see where you can get it local too.

If not you'll have to move! 😂

https://www.goldeagle.com/product/303-graphene-nano-spray-coating/

mokupilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Dear God there's no other brand! 🤨

So Amazon stopped shipping it to HI? 🤦‍♂️ Have you tried ordering direct from Gold Eagle? On their site they do have an area where you can put in your zip code to see where you can get it local too.

If not you'll have to move! 😂

https://www.goldeagle.com/product/303-graphene-nano-spray-coating/
Ugh. I guess they did - that sucks. I‘ll try ordering direct but I’m guessing I’ll end up spinning the wheel on ebay to see what I can get. Maybe I’ll start ordering graphine to the hotel I stay at on the mainland. Some of the guys I work with do that with car parts!

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Ugh. I guess they did - that sucks. I‘ll try ordering direct but I’m guessing I’ll end up spinning the wheel on ebay to see what I can get.

Maybe I’ll start ordering graphine to the hotel I stay at on the mainland. Some of the guys I work with do that with car parts!
I would do that. Sheesh, you trying to give me a heart attack 5 days before we leave on vacation? :shock: 😜

Btw not sure if you've tried the Graphene detailer yet but they sell a bundle pack that's a really good price.

https://www.amazon.com/303-Graphene...H4EP8zFC4mQfJqxcCyT6freEDgaAYcl4=.Ypy5vg&th=1

mokupilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation