First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Highlander, 2022 Ford Ranger Supercab,
Occupation
Retired
I ran across this rear seat delete the other day from company I had never heard of before, Goose Gear. It is pretty slick, but they don’t do Rangers.

186DF21F-B2AD-43DF-923E-D4ECCBDB3290.png

This is the Access Cab version.
87B25CA7-8310-469D-B03A-4C39CC1CF595.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Heavy Duty

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brautigamexpeditionworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL Ranger
Occupation
Creater of titanium camping gear
I ran across this rear seat delete the other day from company I had never heard of before, Goose Gear. It is pretty slick, but they don’t do Rangers.

186DF21F-B2AD-43DF-923E-D4ECCBDB3290.png

This is the Access Cab version.
87B25CA7-8310-469D-B03A-4C39CC1CF595.jpeg
If I remember correctly they're working on one for the quad cab ranger. Nobody that i'm aware of is making them for the SCAB.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Are your rear seats separate single units unlike the bench style seat on the regular crew cabs?

I am looking to revamp my rear seat delete setup to have a single additional seat fabbed up and I am wondering if sourcing a SCAB rear seat is the easiest route to start on vs. aftermarket jump seats.

And if they are and I know some of you SCAB owners have done your own rear seat deletes PM me and let me see we can discuss me getting my hands on one of them.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Are your rear seats separate single units unlike the bench style seat on the regular crew cabs?

I am looking to revamp my rear seat delete setup to have a single additional seat fabbed up and I am wondering if sourcing a SCAB rear seat is the easiest route to start on vs. aftermarket jump seats.

And if they are and I know some of you SCAB owners have done your own rear seat deletes PM me and let me see we can discuss me getting my hands on one of them.
Hey Jack, mine are back in the truck did a rear seat delete…delete - but I have pictures that show what to expect from Scab rear seats. They are an individual two-piece design; backs and bottoms.

Funky hook-like anchors and latches for the bottoms - the seat backs clip in at the bottom and bolt to the rear cab wall child seat restraint anchor point at the top. Simple design but there are no real flat surfaces on the backs. Bottoms are relatively flat except for a tab that at the front that fits into a slot in the raised floor and latches - you can see the pull tabs in the pics below.

The seat backs are fairly tall and leave a bit of room for the seat bottom to be raised but your “floor” compartment might be so deep that the seat back would rise up past the bottom of the window.

Good luck.

30EAAB5D-3712-4C73-B1BF-95977F831B80.jpeg

P-38Ranger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
See my article I did on my half seat delete. The seat cushion fits behind my drivers seat, and I am 6'3.
Working exactly as I had expected. As said above, tall adults can ride easy for short distances. If I have to haul 4, the unit can go in the bed.
I hang a MOLE first aid kit on the other side, and have a tiny box on the floor behind the center console, just because I can.

Ranger 5.jpg

brroberts

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT 2WD SuperCab
Occupation
audio / semi retired
I removed the seat bottoms, and covered the seat backs in black fabric to protect them. The space is only storage for me. If I could get a regular cab and longer bed, I’d jump at it.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
I don't own a pet but here's what I'm going with, and the seats are staying put......
Those covers give nice multi-layer protection and I never worry about Cheech's nails, but then, there are a few more things on top of it!

Plus, he typically wants to sit in Kate's lap (or try to get in mine to steer).

1679073339426.png

1679073357484.png

P-38Ranger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
My plan, and implemented. The left rear headrest is now behind the drivers seat also. This pops out no into the bed if need to take four passengers. New looked at removing the back rest.

1ADB471B-6CC3-4E23-A6D6-872FA65B8484.jpeg
Sponsored