First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger
Occupation
Sales
Im jelly of your mechanical skills. The best I can do is new stuff stacked on new stuck.
No formal training, just kind of jumped in and learned from friends with cool tools. I truly enjoy building them as much as I like using them. Turning an idea into reality is an absolute blast. My true passion lies in drag racing, but offroading is a great alternative in the off-season.

Ronbo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase
No formal training, just kind of jumped in and learned from friends with cool tools. I truly enjoy building them as much as I like using them. Turning an idea into reality is an absolute blast. My true passion lies in drag racing, but offroading is a great alternative in the off-season.
Looks...... Fun.
1609383556866.png

Swishpapasweets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT,1998 Ford Ranger XLT
This is interesting as I been scoping on copart myself for a ranger to make into something

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Explorer ,'92 Bronco, '91 Navajo, '19 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Very possibly. The jk axle I'm using has abs provisions. The tone ring on the jk has a lower tooth count than the ranger does. Another possibility could be custom tone rings. I'm sure at some point I'll address the issue as the project gets farther along and I'll be sure to report my fix.
People swap super duty axles into there JK, and deal with the tone ring issue, you just have to do it backwards. This really depends how much you want to use the Ranger features like trail control.

My '99 Explorer has a ABS light on all the time, because there are no sensors in a '79 HP44. Doesn't affect anything there. But the ABS doesn't work anymore, and I could care less.

My next swap I'm working on, is '04 Super Duty Axles into a '91 Navajo, where I already swapped in a '00 Explorer full wiring and drivetrain. This means I could technically make the ABS system work, as the Explorer system would be able to use the SD Dana 60 internal tone rings in the outters. Again, not sure if I really care, other than to say I did it. Doesn't affect anything either way.

OP
OP
87stang616

87stang616

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger
Occupation
Sales
People swap super duty axles into there JK, and deal with the tone ring issue, you just have to do it backwards. This really depends how much you want to use the Ranger features like trail control.

My '99 Explorer has a ABS light on all the time, because there are no sensors in a '79 HP44. Doesn't affect anything there. But the ABS doesn't work anymore, and I could care less.

My next swap I'm working on, is '04 Super Duty Axles into a '91 Navajo, where I already swapped in a '00 Explorer full wiring and drivetrain. This means I could technically make the ABS system work, as the Explorer system would be able to use the SD Dana 60 internal tone rings in the outters. Again, not sure if I really care, other than to say I did it. Doesn't affect anything either way.
It is definitely doable, I'll probably just have to custom make a tone ring with the correct tone ring tooth count.

OP
OP
87stang616

87stang616

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger
Occupation
Sales
Custom brake lines for the rear. Was able to use some extended raptor brake lines. Ford uses a really uncommon 10x1.5 thread and none of the places that build custom brake lines had anything available.
20210103_115416.jpg

OP
OP
87stang616

87stang616

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger
Occupation
Sales
20210103_115356.jpg

Not a lot of room to mount the steering box. I originally bought a PSC XD2 box made for a Jeep JK, but no matter what I do, it hits the alternator. PSC is great to work with and is trading me out and sending me a standard housing but upgraded for hydro assist gear box. Hopefully it fits.
screen-shot-2017-03-16-at-4.28.40-pm.png

Here's an internet photo of the difference. I wish I could have used the larger box.
screen-shot-2017-03-16-at-3.48.46-pm.png

The Donald

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
Wow, very impressive work. I wish my body would cooperate to let me do this level of work.
Keep us updated!

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Dayum Travis, you've got skills. I'm in for the finished product.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc